ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

widow sticking 197

CLIO 197 Ultra red
my passanger side window 'sticks' going up and down

it has worked fine since i bought the car though i did notice the passanger window was slower than the drivers side

it does it with either drivers side or passanger side switch so cant be a dodgey switch

it goes down about 1" then stops then if i let go of the button and press again it drops another inch etc and its the same coming back up

anyone got any ideas?

cheers

MK3 GTI golf 16v
probably something jamming in the mechanism, take the door card off and check nothing obstructs it. check both the glass clips are in properly at the bottom of the glass etc, might be obvious when you get the card off if your lucky mate

CLIO 197 Ultra red
im thinking it may just need lubricating due to lack of use.

im going to take the door card out and take a look and grease all the mechanism and see what happens.

CLIO 197 Ultra red
just fixed it

i ran it right down (i was bricking it incase it wouldnt go back up again) and sprayed a sh!t load od silicone down the runners.

i usually silicon the window rubbers every wash but only do the inside runners 1 or 2 times a year as it makes a mess on the glass

i hadnt done it on this car yet as i havent had it long and to be honest havent had the windows down much as its not really the weather

after 5 or 6 times up and down its going no problem now

it must have been getting slight resistance but enough to make the mechanism/motor think it was at its closed limit. sorted now though

everyone get out there and lube your window rubbers!

Fiesta ST2
if they stick on the 197/200 I think theres a way of putting them all the way down then all the way up and it resets the sensor so know how far it can go up.. also its not a slight resistance to stop it! i got me feckin finger stuck in it and its a lot of resistance needed! :p

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah the new cars have that reset thing. i think its hold the button down for 10 seconds or something, its that in the audi anyway so must be something similar