ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wideangle for a D40x

Tappd'd RS
Hi Guys,

Looking at some new glass - i'd prefer to stick with the Nikkor lenses if possible.

What are the decent wideangle lenses on the market? Not wanting to spend too much £££ either :)

Cheers,

Alan

D

dick

Hi Guys,

Looking at some new glass - i'd prefer to stick with the Nikkor lenses if possible.

What are the decent wideangle lenses on the market? Not wanting to spend too much £££ either :)

Cheers,

Alan

wrong hobby then. take up origami if you want a cheap hobby!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
^Lol, those lenses are wicked dude..IIRC 20mm wide angle was 320 last time I looked for a Nikon.

Wide angle + cheap + stick with Nikon = :S

Look at the Sigma 10-20, not sure what is cheaper out there beside some old school russian manual focus fish eyes...

VaVa
First thing I though was Nikkor and cheap aren't usually in the same sentence! Depends what you class as cheap I guess!!

The 10-20 is pretty good for the money imho

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the nikkor 10mm is like 800 i think... tbh i would go with the sigma 10-20 as i found it better to use than the nikkor...

Rally bus
Sigma 10-20.

From the reports I read when deciding what to buy the Sigma performs similarly to the Nikon equivalent and I've certainly got no complaints with the image quality.

Revels Mum & Sister
vote for the 10-20 here as well. Awesome lens sold it to Clart of here he rates it as well I think

i got my 10-20mm on ebay for 220, brand new boxed from some guy 30 mins from where i live, went and picked it up same day

LY 182 FF CUPPED
regardless of what brand the lense is, always go for a fixed focal length i.e 10mm OR 20mm.
Unless paying higher end prices on a zoom WA you will 9 times out of 10 get poor edge to edge sharpness and lots of Chromatic aberation.( purple hazing around the edges)