ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wide wheels do I need mudflaps

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
Ok so got some new wheels and they fit the but just and the frount tire is spitting road crap up at my car on the frount as the tire sticks out a little but still inline with top of arch so should I get those rally mud flaps or anyone got another ideas will put up a pick for thorns on wheels as well

Peddled device
I could be wrong, but I think the road wheel have to fit under the arches, with nothing protruding (when straight of course) or it is classed as un-roadworthy.

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
They fit under the top bit but go in as the arch goes down if you know what I mean the originals did as well but just

Peddled device
I see. Flaps will protect the car...I had some on one years ago, and they stopped most of the crap covering the side of the car.

Clio 182
Dave H might have a point, it's got nothing to do with fitting under the arch iirc, more to do with being able to launch other cars in the air if they contact the spinning wheel

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
I shall take some pics of the frount of the car were you see the wheels and c what u guys thing

Clio 182
I believe the law is that the top of the tyre has to be under the wheel arch, or you could be getting pulled over now and again. I'm not 100% right but correct me if I'm wrong!

O

Oakley12

Nothing wrong with a bit of poke! This is how my brothers sits and hasn't had an issue with the local police.

005C20FC-1B39-4D72-BCFB-23BFC622158A-5885-00000296F5BA394A.jpg

69B8E07D-A251-4700-84BA-9F1118EE1756-5885-00000296F529C0DD.jpg

clio 172
if the wheel/tyer sits out side of the body work its illegal {thats y people fit wide arch kits} mud flaps will stop small stones etc...from going backwards thats about it

and your insurance WOULD NOT cover you {food for thought}

For what its worth when lotus prodeces the s1 elise sport 160 they fitted wider rims and tyres which protruded ... they fitted a tiny thin plastic strip to the rear of the arch to make it legal .... and the biggest problem wascstone chip damage to the paint for the very reason the op has ......

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
This is basically same thing I've got just front wheels spitting up sones so gunna put sone flaps on