ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wide angle shots

Cupra
I need some convincing! I am torn between the Canon 50mm 1.8 and the Canon 10-22. The 10-22 is really going to be breaking my budget but I would love to play with some wide shots.....

Please post up your pics using wide lenses. :D

D

dick

are you joking?
50mm isnt wide at all. - 80mm on crop sensor.

aparantly theres a wide angle sigma thats decent? bout £250.

thats the 1 laingo.
about £250 or less on onestop iirc

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cupra
Sorry should have been clearer. I am getting the 24-105 and wanted to get one more lens to go along with it. The 50 mm just because it is sharp, cheap and good in low light, or the 10-22 for some more creative fun shots. I thnk I would have more fun with a wide lens than with the 50mm.

I was hoping that some people here might have some awesome shots taken at 10mm which would have sold me on it. :)

I had a play with the sigma 10-20 in a shop the other day and it was a nice lens. I am just slightly put off by the fact that most forums are filled with people who have had to send them back because they are soft on one side of the lens. I have also seen some comparison shots between the sigma and the canon lens and there seems to be quite a difference between the two.

Then again, if I get the sigma, I can get the 50 too.... could really do with a lottery win. Would make this so much simpler.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
canon 50mm f1.8 arent that expensive mate, you can pick one up on ebay for around the £50 mark, they are nice lens though i got one with my dslr, but i dont really use it as much as i should do

Rally bus
Some shots with the Sigma 10-20...

l01.jpg

l08.jpg

l09.jpg

p05.jpg

Rally bus
thanks, no not a full frame sensor.

This one is with a 50mm f1.8, which I use mainly for portrait/gig stuff...

ls03.jpg

Cupra
Some lovely shots in this thread. That bridge shot is ace. Have you had any problems with the Sigma? I know that you mostly only ever hear the bad reports from people but it does seem to get its fair share.

Well, I am sold, my bank manager is going to hate me but I think the 10-22 is going to be added to the shopping basket.

B

Brown.

Destortion on the 10- 20 is horrendous!!.....mind you the low end of the 24- 105 L aint that much better :(

Some lovely shots in this thread. That bridge shot is ace. Have you had any problems with the Sigma? I know that you mostly only ever hear the bad reports from people but it does seem to get its fair share.

No problems here, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know a bad lens from a good one though, I just tend to shoot stuff and not worry too much about anything technical. I've certainly never noticed anything wrong with any lens I've ever owned.