ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wide Angle Lens Pic Request! New Canon Too...

moved on from nikon, picked up a canon 350d for cheap on the bay....standard 18-55mm lens........... i dont know if i like the canon yet or not seems to be alot more fiddly to get good results, whereas the nikon needed hardly anything setting up....

anyway, has anyone got any wide angle lenses for their DSLRs? im looking at a 4mm nikkor at the moment, or a full on fisheye lens maybe.....anyone got any pics they have taken with wide angle lenses?

IMG_0034.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

my own photoshop 'wide' mess around lol......

PANORAMIC3.jpg

so has anyone got any proper wide angle pics?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How did you do the last one on PS wee guy?

Nice shots. i've got the 400D and it's complicated...out of 50pics i took about 5 were good!

yeah it seems like its less of a point and shoot than my old nikon D40 lol....bout 3 pics out of 30 came out with the proper quality....

the PS one was about 6 pics, all put onto one image and then color balance, brightness, contrast messed with, and used the transform tools to get the bits of the pics to match, mainly just adjusting height

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I have a 400D Bud, use a Sigma 10-20mm.... plenty wide enough believe me!!

LOL

here are some pics with it....

Just don't get the Sigma 10-20. I got one a year ago. Not v. good. Flare!

My friend has the Zuiko 7-14, that is damn good!!!

nice pics of the audi, defo canon ftw, more setting up means better results IMO jords.

p.s when you getting the wheel bolts?

jamie

Revels Mum & Sister
Just because the Canon is more fiddly doesnt mean it is better. Its whats behind and camera and the lens thats important IMO

Fish Eye is great I love it BUT it would seldom be used, so Wide angle sigma 10-20 FTW. IMO 4mm is a bit too wide angle LOL.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Canon...ugh

;)

Haha. I've used Canon for years, they're miles ahead of Nikon in many ways imo. Nikon do make solid cameras though. But tbh, none of those 'fisheye' pics look like fisheye shots at all - there's none of the distortion and they're not wide enough. Photography is my other obsession (next to cars & driving) and I do love wide-angle, I'll try and get a few pics on here later on that were taken on a fisheye lens with a Canon EOS 30D (1.6x FOVCF of course), so you can have a butcher's hook.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Ah the old Canon vs Nikon debate rears it's ugly head again hehe

Way I see it is they're both s**t hot, it's ONLY personal preference that makes the difference

Ukaskew does a fair ammount of wide angle stuff iirc. He has a Sigma fish type lense ?

As you can tell i know nothing though.

Rally bus
Sartfield hairpin where the Little London road joins the one that goes up to Brandywell cottage :)

Hyundai i40
Sartfield hairpin where the Little London road joins the one that goes up to Brandywell cottage :)

you can tell u come over for the rallies knowing all them roads by name

i was just discussing where it was with my fella and we had came up with somewhere along there only coz it looked the like sun was setting and it being the west of the island!!:eek: lmao

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yeah it seems like its less of a point and shoot than my old nikon D40 lol....bout 3 pics out of 30 came out with the proper quality....

the PS one was about 6 pics, all put onto one image and then color balance, brightness, contrast messed with, and used the transform tools to get the bits of the pics to match, mainly just adjusting height

ah i'm with you now...I can see 3 pics if i look closely.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like it when top gear do this.There up close and then pan the camera to give another angle.Clever stuff