ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why would it keep dying?

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
My car's developed a lovely new problem to baffle me

The first time I had it, it went something a little like this....

On my commute there's a big twisty downhill section (a36 into Bath) with backed up traffic for the lights at the bottom, so I just neutral roll it down there and it takes 5 or so minutes of slow start stop rolling. When I've reached the flat bit and try driving off, it had this weird moment, where it wouldn't rev. My foot reached the floor and nothing happened, when I let off it went to a shocking idle, a lot worse than my occasional bad idle times (I need a new coolant temp sensor). So I stuck the clutch down, but it still would rev. Then after a bit of pumping it, it flys back into life.

It's done it a couple of times now, as well as a the odd bit of what seems like miss firing. I don't think the not reving thing has anything to do with the throttle cable as the pedal feels 'right'. Could it be another effect from the dodgy coolant temperature sensor or something new?

Thanks in advance.