ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why won't my car start ? :(

Everything fine, nothing at all to go wrong. Turned car off, sat in a carpark. Gone to turn the car on and I get no starting. Just the ignition on sound like any other time.

It's done it once before and if I left it for a whole and it started.

Any ideas what it could be as the car is sound apart from this.

2002 Flame Red 172
Im having the same problem. Very ocasionaly my 172 wont start. It turns over just doesnt start. Leave it 5 mins and it will start no problem. Im thinking faulty tdc sensor.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
solinoid on the starter motor is not functioning. Sometimes, by just keeping it held in the start possision for 30 seconds can make it function. Basically your starter motor has a solinoid on it that allows a high amperage connection to be made for the motor via a low current source. If this solinoid dosnt function, the starter motor gets no power.

I believe it could be that as once or twice I have held it and a few seconds later it's started.

However, today when I tried to start the car it was just turning over and not starting, bump starting it didn't work either and after a couple more tries at the bottom of the hill it started up with the key. During this the immobiliser light was solid on. Could it be something else ?

Clio 172 Cup
If the immob light stays on it's not going to start even by jump-starting. Leave the key at 2nd position until the light goes off then try to start. If it doesn't go off at all it could be your key.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
have you tested your battery? If its low, it would make the immob play up and would stop the solinoid in the starter working. Also if its low, bump starting would not work as there is still not enougth amps availible to power the ecu/immob.