ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is my 182 coming up as a 172 on insurance?

54 Clio 182 2.0
Anyone else had this problem? if i put my reg plate in it comes up as a 172, even though on the log book it says 182!!

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
my 172 comes up as a megane vvt lol
even renault have to use the VIN number to find it on their system, but they said it's normal for a renault sport to throw up weird suggestions when entering the number plate..

(as long as the vin matches the V5 and such I don't mind...)

Last edited:
Nothing to worry about, happens a lot If I stick my reg plate into insurance databases it still shows as up as the 1.2 I had 2 cars ago.

Clio 197
this is shocking, i bet they would argue the toss if you ever put a claim in for an accident i.e. your car doesnt match our system

Focus
My 172 doesn't come up at all have to give them all the details like model, year etc etc. Same when ordering parts and stuff not 100% on why though?

Listerine & Poledo
My plate comes up as a Megane too, have told garages many times not to usethe plate to order plqates but every time I get told "wrong part came in".