ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why doesn't my snow foam foam anymore?

I just tried mine out just now, pretty disappointed tbh. Is there supposed to be alot of pressure coming out? Mine gives next to nothing...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah, adjuested everything, it's on full, and the pipe is sucking like a slut when i stick my finger over the end.

It doesn't seam to foam up when i poor the water into the mixture bottle either.

Da

Less
Mine wasn't too great either, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Seeing the pictures on here left me pretty disappointed.

Clio 182
Try taking the lance to bits and see if something is jammed somewhere...... mine did this so i just took it peices and cleaned the internals lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That will be my next step, but pretty sure it's like the foam has "gone off"

Da

Less
Yeah mine's stored in the garage too and could easily have been frozen.

Would this affect it? I had a read of the label and nowhere did it state it should be protected from frost?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i was wondering the same, i've got loads left to, it better not go off!

C

clvs2222

yes, if the foam isnt kept at a decent temperature it will change. but should still work nicely. if you arent getting a good thick foam then your mixture of solution and foam is wrong. Try different ratios of mixture as different pressure washers will be different sue to the pressure etc. also, you never need to put the lance onto the highest mixture rate. With a good thick layer of foam, i can do 2-3 cars with 1 inch and snow foam and the rest warm-Hot water in the bottle.

When i first tried mine it come out like soapy water, was well disapointed so i then tried it with a neat mix and that worked so well happy now :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Would putting to much in the bottle cause it? As i put loads it cos it was not working lol.

C

clvs2222

ill try get a video of me doing it in the week sometime to show you how it's suposed to come out. (sounds dirty)

Putting to much solution in the bottle is the worst thing you can do as its like sucking milk shake though a straw. think bwt it.

Im not getting anywhere near that pressure out of mine..

The PTFE tape seems to be pretty thin, could that be it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats when it was working properly, struggle to tell it's on the car at the moe, i'll try a less is more mixture next time.

Clio 182
When i do mine i have so that once it sticks to the car it slowly starts to drip off..............

Clio 182
Mine went through the bottle in no time at all. Pretty disappointed tbh

I can do 2 cars and still have loads left in the bottle.....
This is how mine looked, but i think i need to make it just a little thicker
DSC00274.gif

C

clvs2222

PTFE tape is only there to provide a seal. if after you asembled it and taken it apart, you will have to re-new the tape.

Once applied, you should start to see it lift the dirt, it will slowly start to dweel away. leave it do the work, give it 10 mins, then blast it away. obviously if the car isnt really dirty it wont make much of an impact. Iv found, if the paint work hasnt got any protection on it (wax) then it wont wok as well as if it has. as the dirt stick to the car better. instead of sticking the the wax layer.(if that makes sense?)

PTFE tape is only there to provide a seal. if after you asembled it and taken it apart, you will have to re-new the tape.

Once applied, you should start to see it lift the dirt, it will slowly start to dweel away. leave it do the work, give it 10 mins, then blast it away. obviously if the car isnt really dirty it wont make much of an impact. Iv found, if the paint work hasnt got any protection on it (wax) then it wont wok as well as if it has. as the dirt stick to the car better. instead of sticking the the wax layer.(if that makes sense?)

I know what PTFE tape does. What I'm meaning is it only had one 'wrap' of it. Also I can piss more pressure than the lance lol

Da

Less
Mine sounds like Justin's, however I will experiment with the mixture level and settings before I make judgement. :)

Last edited:
Mine sounds like Jusin's, however I will experiment with the mixture level and settings before I make judgement. :)

My one foams ok, just dribbles out the end. Bit like a normal Karcher lance when you twist the end onto sprinkle mode..

I've kinda always had the urge to buy one but to be honest they seem more of a toy than anything (an expensive toy too!!) Thats not to say I wouldn't wanna play though