ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why does...

306 GTI-6. 172.
Hi all. Have just purchased my first 172 Today!! A lovely little flame(?) red example on a Y plate. Having come from the likes of a clio Williams, 106 GTI and a saxo VTS whilst also owning a 306 GTI-6 it is sort of like a home from home.

I have a question though. My car has some sort of flag?

media4.gif

Yes I know the picture is tiny.

Whats that all about then? Is that a standard sticker or something somebody has stuck on? I'm in two minds as to whether or not to leave it on or take it off.

Cheers all.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
some one has added it to the car, not standard.

take it off IMO.

306 GTI-6. 172.
Just had a look at the Ktech site and it does look a bit like one. I don't actually pick the car up for another week as I am going to amsterdam on Tuesday so won't be able to say until then.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
WD40 will help get rid of any sticky crap it might leave on.

Wouldn't this just smear the residue? Tried it before on lexan and it leaves a right s**tty mess.

Another way would be back peeling with the removed decal. Firm it over and peel back and it'll slowly pick up the residue. This won't work if the residue is oily (ie applying wd40)-it needs to be dry for it to stick on & peel off.

Saying that, this would undoubtedly take f**king forever for a decal that size so maybe veins idea for applying tar remover is the best bet?

Last edited: