ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why are used prices of trophy all over the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  VX220 Turbo
as per the title

the trophy used prices are all over the place there was the one sold on here for £9500 which was done up

theres higher mile ones for 9k, 7.2k and £8k?

i'm a bit pissed off as I think mine with 21k on the clock is worth more than £9k but thats all i can advertise it at as everyone else around me seems to be pricing them low?

anyone on here got a black book with the retail figures are for these at the mo?

VX220 Turbo
8k seems fair for 36k miles but i've seen ones with that milage selling for £9k it's mad

dont suppose u fancy mine for 9k lol got a vx220 turbo to buy lol

Trophy
@ - A13EX

I'm the chap who rung you up on Saturday morning, sorry I didnt get back to you. Found a nice one on Saturday :)

VX220 Turbo
no worries mate hope you enjoy it.

wish i could of shown you my trophy on saturday but it was the deadline for paying my hols so had to sort that out along with all my other mates which ended up turning into an all day event as I expected.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Tbh. I don't think any trophy is worth over 9.5k! Given that a 197 is of similar value.
I'd say the trophy is a better car than the stock 197 but at the market value i'd say alot of them are overpriced.
I'm considering a trophy for winter, but i wouldn't pay more than 8.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
It's the same for 182's. I'm trying to sell the wife's at the moment. They range from about £5k upwards but people on here reckon they are getting them for £4200 and thereabouts. Trade value is at least £5k so I can't understand it. Also, have seen 52/53 plate 172's for not much less than I'm asking for ours. Bizarre!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It's the same for 182's. I'm trying to sell the wife's at the moment. They range from about £5k upwards but people on here reckon they are getting them for £4200 and thereabouts. Trade value is at least £5k so I can't understand it. Also, have seen 52/53 plate 172's for not much less than I'm asking for ours. Bizarre!

I've noticed that too, soon high mileage 182's will be worth the same as low mileage 172's.

Black Gold with cup packs
But If you were t obuy a 182cup/172cup, slam it on H&R's you have in theory got the same/ very similar car! You generally are paying for the exclusivity of the car, it is very nice though!

VX220 Turbo
ideally i would like mine gone for the 11/6/08 (as thats when i'm buying the vx220) or 20/7/08 (as thats when the insurance is due) so what kind of price do you think i should ask

Ad

MK2 FRS
I think 8.5k is a good starting price.

Trophy values will be linked to 182 and 197 values (as Ali says). Most of them are now 3years old, so around 8k is good by renaults standards!! especially when you consider that early 182 prices are now below 6k.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yep! Thats why i sold my 172 a yr ago! I got close to 7k in all for my 02 plate 172 with 30+k on the clock! Happy days!!!

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
it's bloody renaults fault for doing 0% finance on nearly everything it's killing the re-sale values

To be honest, I think the main problems are that (1) The cars weren't that expensive new. (2) They need the belts doing *expensive* at 72k/5yrs (3) Cars in general now are cheaper than they used to be. I bought a 2000 (W) Mondeo 2.0 LX at auction last July. 2 owners/45k FSH. £1150. People pay that for a TV. (4) Loans are dearer than they were and harder to get.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
iirc some people only paid around 12k for a brand new trophy, so 8k three years later is bloody good.

Exactly, and imported 182's were probably much less. Bet most people don't mention it in there 'used' ads now, hence they can sell for less. Don't think you could get import Trophys though.

There are early 197s on the trader for £9.5k, £8.5k tops for a trophy unless you can find a nutter whos desperate for one. I blame the cheap 197 Cups that people were getting for under £12k new!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's more Trophy's around at the mo, lots coming out of warranty. More than any other RS thats a worry, as dampers are uber expensive. I'm planning to get mine rebuilt early, save the hassle when they do go.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
not just the clios. you can get a megane for about 8-9k now. personally i.d be more inclined to find a good megane and coilovers instead of the trophy. and as someone else has said spend sub 5k on a cup the decent suspension and you will have something on par with a trophy if not better. its a war that no one will ever win.

just have to try and keep them nice to hold the value up.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yes whatever, mines got a third of the mileage of the ones on sale recently.

Too many mingers out there that people consider to be 'mint' :quiet:

If someone was to offer 8K i'd store it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes whatever, mines got a third of the mileage of the ones on sale recently.

Too many mingers out there that people consider to be 'mint' :quiet:

If someone was to offer 8K i'd store it.
Tis a minter. At the end of the day, price it at what its worth, accept the markets slow, and be prepared to wait for the right buyer.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
bit different... but i bought my 182 with cup pack etc brand new in 2004 for £12500.

So i don't really see how a trophy on an 05 plate is worth 9k. Especially when there are 197's on 06 plates going for just over 10k.

VX220 Turbo
bit different... but i bought my 182 with cup pack etc brand new in 2004 for £12500.

So i don't really see how a trophy on an 05 plate is worth 9k. Especially when there are 197's on 06 plates going for just over 10k.

like I said prices are all over the place i'm asking 9 as i think thats pretty good for only 21k miles dont you think it's worth an extra £1,000 for a car with half the milage?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
There are early 197s on the trader for £9.5k, £8.5k tops for a trophy unless you can find a nutter whos desperate for one. I blame the cheap 197 Cups that people were getting for under £12k new!

Aye, I got offered a brand new UK cup from one of the guys on the RS forum for £12.3k with Nimbus and air...

Thing is with Trophys, you have to know what you're looking at to want to pay the premium over a 182 - to most people it's just a red 182 with stickers. And if you do know, you'll be a bit car savvy and won't wanna pay more than £8k all day long because you'll have seen how many there are available for that price.

Dan

Golf R

Thing is with Trophys, you have to know what you're looking at to want to pay the premium over a 182 - to most people it's just a red 182 with stickers. And if you do know, you'll be a bit car savvy and won't wanna pay more than £8k all day long because you'll have seen how many there are available for that price.

Dan

nail and head with that comment fella

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Plus there are 10 pages of 182 clio's on pistonheads - clearly a buyers market imo at the moment.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

like I said prices are all over the place i'm asking 9 as i think thats pretty good for only 21k miles dont you think it's worth an extra £1,000 for a car with half the milage?
heh, I experienced this with my suzuki, 18k miles and it still wouldn't sell even when it was priced with all the other cars on there with over twice the miles. People dont seem to want to pay more for a car with low miles anymore because modern cars can take higher miles. This is the reason Im not worrying with the 197 Im just gonna enjoy it and put as many miles as I need to on it.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I see Allvehicles have a 17k miler up for 8,995 - so a private sale for most people would have to be a good chunk lower than that I'd have thought, as most people prefer to buy from trade if they can... And IME Allvehicles don't sell any shite, I'd bet my nuts that that car is 100% mint - they seem to really know what they're talkin about to.

Golf R
I see Allvehicles have a 17k miler up for 8,995 - so a private sale for most people would have to be a good chunk lower than that I'd have thought, as most people prefer to buy from trade if they can... And IME Allvehicles don't sell any s**te, I'd bet my nuts that that car is 100% mint - they seem to really know what they're talkin about to.

Steve @ Allvehicles follows the market.... at the moment he can't charge a premium if the market is flooded with used examples... however if there werent that many for sale he'd be able to have that 17k miler closer to £10k

trade-in offers are nearer the £7k mark and that is now driving down used values.... that and the fact that people are panic selling as the 3 year warranty is running out when in reality they don't really need to worry about it

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Oh yea no doubt - the '3 years and it's worn out' psychology will have just probably swiped a grand or so off them over night.

Aye, I got offered a brand new UK cup from one of the guys on the RS forum for £12.3k with Nimbus and air...

Dan

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.