ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's come back to a renaultsport?

BG Clio 182 FF
Inspired by the "Nissan GTR" thread - who here has come back to a renaultsport clio after dabbling elsewhere?

I've owned some quick cars in the past (some very quick), but having bought the Clio 182 as a "stop-gap" i honestly can't see myself selling up and moving on for a good while. Other cars i've owned have had far more power, but the clio's handling leaves them all for dead.

For the b-roads around my way, there isn't much faster out there.

By the way, not a boy racer - old enough to know better ;)

172 Cup Track Daily
Had a Mk1 Ph2 Clio as my first car and jumped to a Ph1 Williams as soon as it was vaguely affordable. Got bitten by the drifting bug hard and have been skidding about in cars of varying states of broken-ness until now, I am back in the car that I aspired to have when I was still in the clios, a 172 cup.

Bloody love the thing.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I thought about selling my 172 Ph1 which I've owned for eight years, but I will most probably keep it as it gives me an alternative to my Impreza in terms mostly of better fuel consumption. Even though my Ph1 has been improved to something respectable (I'm waiting for the new Surrey Rolling Road to open show me the power since the changes - it will be a before and after assessment) the car feels slow as measured by the ability to see off the rep mobile diesels. If it couldn't keep ahead of BMW 2 litre diesels (which the Clio can do quite easily now) it would have to go. The wringing of it's neck does become a bit of a drag after the impreza. I am still a boy racer otherwise I'd sell both cars and buy a caravan!

BG Clio 182 FF
I thought about selling my 172 Ph1 which I've owned for eight years, but I will most probably keep it as it gives me an alternative to my Impreza in terms mostly of better fuel consumption. Even though my Ph1 has been improved to something respectable (I'm waiting for the new Surrey Rolling Road to open show me the power since the changes - it will be a before and after assessment) the car feels slow as measured by the ability to see off the rep mobile diesels. If it couldn't keep ahead of BMW 2 litre diesels (which the Clio can do quite easily now) it would have to go. The wringing of it's neck does become a bit of a drag after the impreza. I am still a boy racer otherwise I'd sell both cars and buy a caravan!

I must admit, wringing it's neck is still a bit of a novelty. I'm used to lazy turbocharged cars so having something that revs to over 7k is fun.

Westfield, 182, 200
In a 350Z at the moment but looking for a 172/182 to play with-wife still has her 197!

Clio 182/207cc GT
Had a lovely Mk1 1.8 16v Clio 8 years ago, just purchased a BG 182 after much pining over my lost RS Clio

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'd happily return to an other, had regrets selling my last cup :(

Can't get more fun for the £££ imo.

VX220
I did after needing to save some money. Have had some good cars, 350z & TVR but overall i couldn't be happier with the little clio for a blast to work everyday

Clio 172
I have had a clio williams then sold it and got a Subaru Impreza and spent a small fortune on it but with a wedding coming up I thought I would come back to hot hatches always had a massive soft spot for them owned a few now xr2,r5 and really forgot how much fun a little frech hot hatch could be now have a 52 plate 172 and truly love driving it......

RenaultSport 172
I sort of left and returned. Switched to a mondeo ST220 then bought a ph1 as a track car. Still got the Mondeo though for family duties

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I haven't....... yet

Lupo GTI
e46 330ci

We shall see what i go for after this :)

you still checking the clio forums.................means heading back ;)

myself, I've never left, I've always had at least one clio since I passed my test in 2001, currently I have 5 and nothing else!lol!

Sold my 182 due to how much it was costing me to buy a sensible car in the aim to save to buy a house.

Bought a 1.9 16v astra cdti.....worst choice ever, sold it and got a 197 Cup, living at home with the parents forever. Much easier

Westfield, 182, 200
Bought a 1.9 16v astra cdti.....worst choice ever, sold it and got a 197 Cup, living at home with the parents forever. Much easier

Not if you're a parent lol! My 20 year old bought my 200 cup, rather he'd put the money down on a flat!

PH2 RS172
i sold my 172 last year.... went to an e46 coupe (boring) then a derv astra which i gave to the mrs, then a derv vectra (which was useless on fuel.

im now back in a clio 182 and have recently bought back my old 172 aswell lol. cant beat em for the cash

Fiesta ST3
Skoda Fabia vRS
Skoda Octavia vRS Blackline

next ?

not sure if i should be sensible and get another 172 or lease a fiesta ST for 2 years! - help me decide lol