ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who's at the nurburgring?

Clio 172
I've been at the ring since Wednesday and I've been seeing loads of Clio's just wondering if any of them are off the forum?

IMG_20150523_135830037_zpsvx4pj07b_edit_1432402901051_zps8v8reczn.gif

Swift Sport
There's a video on YouTube of Rhys having a bit of a moment... I'll post it up if I find it again.

2005 Clio 182
I've not been before but would love to go down, do you all take the euro tunnel / ferry, take a road trip down there?

Swift Sport
First of all... Do it! You'll never understand how awesome the 'Ring is until you go, I've been 4 times now and still hate leaving!

We catch the Euro-tunnel from Folkestone to Calais, it's a long-ass drive but it's all part of the adventure :)

2005 Clio 182
It does sound awesome have been looking into it for a while, roughly how long do you go for and how much roughly does the trip cost including fuel and laps etc?

Only thing that would worry me is hammering the clio round the ring and breaking something so I can't get back!

Clio 172
It does sound awesome have been looking into it for a while, roughly how long do you go for and how much roughly does the trip cost including fuel and laps etc?

Only thing that would worry me is hammering the clio round the ring and breaking something so I can't get back!

We went for a week, costs about £1k including everything.
£200 fuel
£150 accommodation
£150 tunnel crossing
£30 travel insurance
£150 on laps €27 a lap
£300 general spends
€12 ring sticker lol

Clio 172
Have you been? You can do it cheaper than a grand yeah but not £500. Tunnel is far better too worth every penny extra. £1000 is realistic, when you go you don't want to be on a strict budget you want to enjoy yourself. There are ways of saving money like shopping at aldi and not going round the track, but where's the fun it that haha

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You can do it on less than 500 easy if there are two of ya and sharing costs.

I've flown to Germany, hired a car from the airport, drove to adenau, stayed in decent accommodation, hired a track car for 4 laps, flown from Germany to Ibiza for four nights, then flown home, and spent about a grand

Think I spent £600 last time and that was staying in a 500 yr old mansion lol

This was about 5 years ago though and we took the ferry and I sat at about 60mph the whole way there and only did about 5 laps. My mate crashed his car 2 roundabouts into the journey in Southend that year lmao

Clio 172
If you think you can drive there, sleep and eat for £500 then you must get free fuel. Your talking around £350 for fuel and tunnel crossing.

If theres 4 of you its like £15 a night to stay in half of a 500 yr old mansion.

Peanuts...and even better the owner speaks english!