ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whoring alert!show us your front splitters.

non sport
hi all

i know most who have a non sport model change the front bumper to the sport but i understand its not a straight swap so im looking at a different route.

so if you have a front splitter what is it and get a pic up?

happy new yr

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cup jobbie.

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DCi 100
How flexable are the CF splitters?

I have the RS front bumper on the car without the wings so the bumper will be sort of pinched into being narrower, just thinking would it fit? I doubting it but worth asking someone.

How have people attached all there's aswell? No one ever talks about it. The one atm has about 20 screws in random places just along the bottom with more on the corners than in the middle :/

106 GTI
Youl need to have more round the corners to help keep it in line with the bottom edge of the bumber

DCi 100
Aye, don't think it's worth it tbh with it not fitting right quite possibly. It's like 60 quid for a new PH2 Meggy thin version from Renault, and even more for the Cup one :/

BG182®
307 splitter. IMO its prfect :approve:

11042009252.gif

EDIT: Its the newer version, slighty smaller than the original.. So the dealer stated anyway?

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
How flexable are the CF splitters?

I have the RS front bumper on the car without the wings so the bumper will be sort of pinched into being narrower, just thinking would it fit? I doubting it but worth asking someone.

How have people attached all there's aswell? No one ever talks about it. The one atm has about 20 screws in random places just along the bottom with more on the corners than in the middle :/

I have got mine off the car while it's in the bodyshop so if you want to try it then you can always pop up ours to see i'm only in warrington, you'll have to pm though as not on here much.

Mines fitted with about 6 screws, held fne in the 2 years iv'e had it on the car!

DCi 100
I have got mine off the car while it's in the bodyshop so if you want to try it then you can always pop up ours to see i'm only in warrington, you'll have to pm though as not on here much.

Mines fitted with about 6 screws, held fne in the 2 years iv'e had it on the car!

All I really need to do is hold it against the bottom of the bumper and see if it will bend a tad inwards on the edges. If we could arrange somethin in the NY for me to pop round that would be awesome, cheers for that!

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
no probs bud just drop us a pm, get the car back around 12th Jan so it will be going back on then.

Will have to be a weekend as I'm in work as of this monday argh!!!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
the new std cup one I bought was pretty flexible to be honest - if anything I had to pull it towards the front of the car with self tappers - I reckon (after seeing your car in the flesh when JD had it) that a std cup one would work - but like you say I'd rather test it that blow wedge on it first!

DCi 100
the new std cup one I bought was pretty flexible to be honest - if anything I had to pull it towards the front of the car with self tappers - I reckon (after seeing your car in the flesh when JD had it) that a std cup one would work - but like you say I'd rather test it that blow wedge on it first!

Cars had a cup splitter on in the past, pritty sure the CF ones are cheaper and bit more flashy than just a piece of plastic IMO. I stuck the meggy one on it last night in the dark before the meet and I'm just not happy with it, plus being abit thinner I won't have a problem getting off the drive way.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ I liked the small 307 one I had, never put it on though as I just couldn't make my mind up at the time so bought both to see which I'd prefer - if the car was lowered I'd have the 307 everytime - as mines std height I can get away woth the flimsy renault one :)

Low 'n' Slow
i had this on. you can get them from renault but they are expensive.

SNC00017.jpg

i wasn't sure if i liked it or not, but a fox soon made my mind up for me.

Low 'n' Slow
Ps... speaking from personal experience if you've not got a sport bumper i would just leave the standard splitter on and save your money. Spend the money on something else for your car.

non sport
you wouldnt recommend a splitter for a non sport then??not even a 307 one as they look quite nice?