ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who steals a clio badge?

Just came out of Tesco and some dickhead has nicked my Clio badge.. at least they done a good job and left no marks. 😂

Got a new style RS badge in the house I bought a while back but not sure if I should go with that or just buy a new Clio badge. What do we think? New style or keep it original?

Whats the best way to take of the Renault Sport badge without doing any damage if I decide to go with the new one? 😂

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I use tar remover from AG. Pour it over the badge, give it ten mins to soak and then fishing wire behind to peel. Use more tar remover to get rid of left over residue and then polish it up.

To answer your other question: pikeys.

Astra VXR
Isn't the Renault Sport badge pinned into the bootlid, so you'll have 2 holes left if you take that badge off.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hair dryer on the renaultsport badge until the glue softens, thin wire (fishing wire, floss etc) to get the badges off, soak kitchen paper or similar in tar remover and press against the residue for a while, wipe away the softened glue.

New style badge ftw

Cheers for replies.

Will pick up some tar remover tomorrow and just go with the new style badge. Don't want to be driving about with two holes in the boot while waiting on a new badge. It looks terrible.

Is the sticky stuff on the back of new style badge strong enough or should I be looking for something else to stick it on with?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Suprised we don't hear more about them getting borrowed, especially the later badges

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
That's naff. But I quite like the original badge so mine will be taken off, sprayed black or blue to match the decals, and refitted.

Hope you catch the guys... pop down the local boozer and hear them bragging, and comparing badges.

Then seek your own retribution...

So I finally got round to taking off renault sport badge and was left with loads of sticky black foam stuff was a bit of a nightmare but finally got it off using some 3M citrus cleaner spray. True a lot of other product and this stuff took it off right away with no problems.

The stuff left where Clio badge was is totally different though its rock solid and won't soften no matter what i try..Tried picking at it but worried about taking a chunk of paint with it.. Any ideas?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
hair dryer for a couple mins, soak in Autoglymn tar and adhesive remover, then dental floss to remove
gotta do mine soon

hair dryer for a couple mins, soak in Autoglymn tar and adhesive remover, then dental floss to remove
gotta do mine soon

Yeah that how I done the renault spire badge but the clio badge was already off andt has some really hard glue on looks like it could be super glue? It's not a lot I might just try sticking new badge right on top but worried it might stand off a bit.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yeah that how I done the renault spire badge but the clio badge was already off andt has some really hard glue on looks like it could be super glue? It's not a lot I might just try sticking new badge right on top but worried it might stand off a bit.
If its superglue, then its a sand down and spray job. Just stick it on top for now, if you dont like then sand down?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Some tit stole my front diamond on my Williams years ago - f**k knows how they got it off without damaging it or the car, I never managed it!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
About 6 cars in a street i used to live in had badges swiped a few years back- cops didnt wanna know
Suppose they couldnt have done didddly squat anyway

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nothing until you mention clio. Then the world stops until the investigation has been carried out.

[QUOTE="Chris_Beer, there is video evidence clearly showing someone doing it and it identifies them etc then realistically what can the police really be expected to do lol?

Pics of the badge 'glue'[/QUOTE]

b0a24c3cf1ec452cf9cd1b38fbac0a46.png

Pic of glue or whatever it is?