ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who makes these

With reference to my other thread about loosing my locking wheel nut thingy. Has anyone got on that looks simlar so i could try and contact the manufacturer? I know its a bloody long shot and a really sh1t sketch, however i got a B in art i will never know!

The old key thingy came in a tiny black drawstring bag and had no writing or name stamped on it!

I will be so so impressed if this helps me in any way! lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jase16v/CID__BEhqnQudZ4_.jpg

Rb 182

Thats an old Halfords locking wheel nut key, they dont make them any more but if you still have the key number then im sure they can still get you one.

Hope this helps

dave

is it just the 3 prongs that do the turning?

either way id be inclined to make something out of a bit of metal as you have something to push against...

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Theyre not McGuards. MGs have like a wavey bit that forms a ring, like one circular sticky out bit rather than three prongs.

Halfords did do ones like that they were called something beginning with P Im sure. The nuts came with little caps to keep the dust out of the holes. One of mine snapped.

mk1 172

its a 3 pin plug mate.

you can get travel adaptors anywhere, i would recommend asda, they are cheap and they always have everything you need.

you planning on going on holiday then ?

Trophy

They are called Trilocks, but think they also came fitted as standard?

Might even have some spare keys you can try.

Mat.

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 06 April 2005

They are called Trilocks, but think they also came fitted as standard?
Mat.
hes right
personally they are cr*p locking nuts, mcgards are tons better.
i used to have trilock ones on my old car & the holes in the locking nut stretched.

The best way to get them off is to use a socket which is about 1 size to small for the nut, hammer it on and then air gun it. The vibration will normally get them off. If you take it to some kwik-fit place they will normally try something like this..

Rob

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

^^^^^^^^^sounds like a plan^^^^^^^^^

Quote: Originally posted by darswold on 06 April 2005
its a 3 pin plug mate.you can get travel adaptors anywhere, i would recommend asda, they are cheap and they always have everything you need.you planning on going on holiday then ? 

no offence but what are you on about, read the topic;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 06 April 2005
^^ ever heard of sarcasm mate? Hes not that stupid.

never implied he was stupid, would not do that without meeting him, hes probably a rocket scientist

spose he would not be posteing this thread in the clio disscussion if it was about holidays so i expect he was being sarcastic

guess whos not a rocket scientist
:oops:

Well thanks to all of ya, just shows how good spending a fiver on membership is, got loads of options to go at so ill keep you posted. One way or another the b*stards are coming off. Will prob replace them with the mcgaurds as it sounds like they get a good vote!

Thanks again all of ya