ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who lowers torsion bars for a decent price near Nottingham

I gather that there are quite a few of you in the E.Midlands so was hoping you could help me out...

I bought a set of spax lowering springs from Halfords only to find out after being quoted £25 a corner fitting that they couldnt do torsion bars.

Prima racing (who I dont like or trust)in notts wanted £220.
The renault dealer wanted £250 to fit and adjust.

These are way over what I was expecting from what others have said. (I was thinking £100 - £120 to fit the springs and adjust the bar)

I called a fews garages locally to me and none of them can do it.

Im about ready to whig out! Im sure some place in merry hill can do it for £80 but Im not really up for a 3 hour round trip.

Does anyone know anywhere that does it for a reasonble price near Nottingham

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Theres a place in Rotherham called Saxo heaven who will do the torsion bar for about £70!

Woodhouse Green,
Faircroft,
Rotherham,
Yorkshire South (Rotherham) , S66 9AN
0114-264-2290

I took my old RT there, but make sure you tell em exactly what you want, as I made the mistake of going 40mm all round and the back was higher than the front and looked sh*te. Had the rear lowered a bit more more for about £50 I think, and I was well happy with it.

Hope this helps mate...

Hi,

I live in Tamworth (not too far away)

I can do it for you if ya like.

Email me at: eclectic.designs@btopenworld.com

Dazz

GR7

Shiny red R32

You guys should find yourselves some friends who are mechanics who work at the good local garages! I have had springs fitted and torsion bars adjusted for a few cans of booze or I might make them a nice chocolate cake, even a bag of cream doughnuts or chocolate eclairs usually does it!

heh yeah but its different when uve got certain assets to persuede ppl with

erm, i know a few places in derby mate, couple of mates, do the torsion bar for 70/90 odd quid. actualy my mate had prima fit his front springs n drop his torsion bar for 150 quid.

Ray

GR7

Shiny red R32

I just talk nicely to the mechanics and I have been known to polish a couple of their cars too (only the nice looking ones).

Trophy

Hillpowers not too far from you and he can do it with his eyes shut!
About £130 + VAT.

Nick Hill
www.hillpower.com
01530 273633
J11 M42

Mat.

Dazz F. how much woulf you charge to do the tortion bar and would you be able to fit the front springs aswell? May be interested in the near(ish) future.

Phil

FRST and 106 GTi

Mine is now has I speak (or post) in a Renault garage... here they are pretty friendly about this kind of stuff...
Im lowering again, but this time is to stay that way.

I cant really understand how to manage with the torsion bars...
too damn tricky to me.