ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who knows

insignia

had my car 3 wks and kerbed it this weekend.sinse then it has badly steered to the right but only when excellerating.took it kwik fit (twice now) and they re alligned wheels. it is still doing the same.the bloke at kf said that it could have knocked the camber off but he would of expected it to steer to the left instead of the right becoz i kerbed the front passenger wheel.it booked in renault next wed,will this be covered under warranty?

insignia

sh*t.thought it would be,im hopin that it dont cost to much,dont understand how it can be anything more than just tracking.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 09 March 2004

it has badly steered to the right but only when excellerating.
Sounds like normal Torque steer to me. Its normal on a small light car with high power put through the front wheels.

insignia

no mate.the guy took it out and said its wanting to go right every time your on the throttle,it never did that before.it feels real bad though as soon as you start putting your foot down past 5000 revs,i can feel the car trying to veer left,it never did this before and its not right.

when u kerbed it u didnt malform the tyre did u - i once drove round for ages with a bloody great bulge on the inside of my tyre on an old XR2...cost me 40 quid in tracking b4 i realised lol

insignia

no thats all fine,its really doing my head in.its like the car wants to go forward but as soon as you apply the throttle it starts drifting right,only thing i think it can be is the wheel camber

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 09 March 2004

sh*t.thought it would be,im hopin that it dont cost to much,dont understand how it can be anything more than just tracking.
Well how would warranty cover you hitting a kerb and damaging something?!

insignia

what i was thinking is saying that i have only started to notice now through its running in period,and that it seems to have got worse the more i drive it.ill say i took it kwik fit to check the allignment and they say everything is ok...hoping to blagg it

if the car drives straight on a level moterway section say and does not pull then it would indicate that the tracking/wheel alignment is ok. If when you apply power the steering turns under the rotational torque from the diveshaft then it would imply something has bee damaged or worn/bent - ball joint, chassis leg?

Another thing with the dealer blag - surely they will see the kerbed alloy and put 2+2 together?

insignia

worn/bent ball joint,chassis leg,didnt think that this would happen by kerbing a car but sounds like you could be right.my cars quite dirty at the moment and its hardly noticeable on the wheel rim,although your right they will probably notice.do you have any idea how much these jockies are gonna charge?

Its a tough one fella, but as a general rule you will pay through the bleedin nose for it at a renault dealer!

Put your spare on so as not to arouse any suspicion any try your luck - you never know m8.

Sorry I cant really help. And with the last reply im only guessing - but if the alignment is true, I cannot think of anything else!

Good luck

You must of kerbed it hard to bend things, and if you have there is probably a nice big chunk out of your wheel.

You might need to have it jigged if your really unlucky.

Renault will laugh at you by the way.