ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who does a Sports-Cat?

182BG
who else apart from k-tec offers a sports-cat

i know most will say "just get a de-cat" but i don't wanna have to change it and i don't like the idea of the warning light coming on

Lee.

hey up lee for themoney you spend on a sports cat there are no guarantees that light will stay off and the car will pass mot no one will 100% guarantee this get a yooza sport de cat i am going to as it stays of alot of the time i have heard..i am just going to tape up all the lights so i cant see them anyway

Better than yours. C*nt.
Got a De-Cat arriving today hopefully. Thanks YS! Try and persuade Renault to accidentally fit this instead of the replacement CAT they've got me so I can keep the CAT in it's wrapper on the shelf.

Clio 172 mk2
I just couldn't be bothered to change it once a year so went for the sports cat.....fit and forget:)

sports cat 250 plus
decat around 100

which means for my local changing every year it would take over 5 years to get to sports cat price i would not have the car by then he he...it is all down to preference though mate as said by neil

I got my sports cat from K-tec about 5 months ago.

My car passed the emissions test first time on its MOT so no complaints there. I was a little worried as when I visited Pro-speed Charlie said that it looked a bit small (in diameter) and thought it might struggle to pass, and if it did "they would have to get it red hot". Apparently Pro-speeds sport cats are 4 inch diameter (IRRC) but mines more like 2.5 inch.

182 and 5 GTT
Ive got a pro-speed sports cat, but it came with my exhaust which i got cheap. Otherwise i would have got the yozzasport de-cat.

182BG
i see, well i had a k-tec sports cat on my 172 cup never had any problems with the warning lights, passed mot fine.

Its not really the "having to change it". im a very picky person and everything has got to be perfect, so if the warning light came on it would end up annoying the hell outta me lol

Say performance wise, how much better is a de-cat pipe compared to a sports-cat?

ill probably go for a YS de-cat based on the fact that my funds are quite limited at the mo :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
ive had my k-tec cat for 3 years. passed 2 mots no problem . janspeed make the cat for k-tec by the way.

182 and 5 GTT
My light came on after a few days with the sports cat mate. I thought it would annoy me but i dont really tend to notice it anymore tbh.