ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who are you insured with and how much are you paying?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
It's a bit old to drive a chavy bright red R27 plastered in stickers!

To be fair, in the scale of things no - 31 isn't old, but the majority of folks on here are 18-25 so I feel old!

No mate, age doesn't matter. It just means you can afford a better model than everyone else ;)

ph2 172
Car: 172
Insurer: Brentacre
Price: £790 for a 200bhp limit for power modifications, unlimited everything else.
How found: cs.net

172 cup
UPDATE
---------------------------

After spending all day racking my brain trying to get my new quote through compare the market and other sources the cheapest I could find was £1370! TPFAF and that was renewing with my company elephant, so I carried on trying and went to compare the meerkat, same thing as compare the market i would of thought, oh but noooooo I found a new quote FULLY COMP of £880 but it gets better guess who it's with, yep ELEPHANT, this makes me annoyed them saying they can't do better on £1370 but they can do a new quote at £880, just goes to show what scamming bast**ds they are constantly f**king us up the a** !!!!!!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've never had my cheapest quote from compare the meerkat etc. Just use them for a ball park figure then go direct.

172 cup
I've never had my cheapest quote from compare the meerkat etc. Just use them for a ball park figure then go direct.

yeah I know but this is what I'm saying it's the same insurer but going through compare site is £500 cheaper makes no sense, I will ring them when there open and see what there playing at.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
car: Clio dci 80
insurer : admiral group
price: £610 fully comp
NCB:1

they wanted £1700 if I carried on from my last policy with them, said I had a quote off elephant for £610 and the guy said its company policy to honour that quote if it's from admiral or elephant (same company)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Policy: Myself + Named Driver Fully Comp
Car: Clio 182 Trophy (Agreed Value £5500 & Mods)
Insurer: Green Light
NCB: 6 Years Protected
Price: £417.06

Renewal Price: £378.03 (just got it through the door)

Saving: £39.03

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Policy: Me along with mum and dad as named drivers, fully comp.
Car: Clio 182 FF
Insurer: Admiral
NCB: 3
Price: £680

When I turned 20 I refused to pay anyway near a grand insurance again, hence me just trying a 182 now at 23

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Car: Clio dci 86 (2006)

Insurer: Swift Cover

Price: £260

Mrs car: Grand Scenic Tom Tom, dci 110 (2010)

Insurer: Swift Cover

Price £342 with me as the second driver.

Clio 172

Age 26

£400
:-( ripped off by those adrian flux c***s cause I changed my impreza to a clio I thought I'd get money back but I had to pay 25 on top the robbing c***s.