ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB - Fitting angle ok??

Chaps.

Just wanting to confirm a few things.

I wanted to tighten up my ARB to the stiffer setting. I believe this is the one closest to the bar ?? But could someone explain why moving to another bolt hole just centimetres along would make any difference what so ever ??

Also. To get it fitted on this hole I had to change the angle of the...(drop link?) so that it wasn't pointing vertically down. It's more like a 45 degree angle from vertical now if that makes sence. Is this ok ??

I just couldn't get it to still be sitting vertical and to line up with the stiffest bolt hole setting.

Here's some pics. You can see the bracket at quite an angle right at the bottom of the shock....

2B538925-ACD6-4744-A09C-D63360C6CEDA-743-000000F1A0B16F7E.jpg

6E00DFA9-0067-4184-B012-41E15E44157D-743-000000F19B541C91.jpg

By moving the drop link into the front hole you are giving the bar less leverage thus giving it more anti roll effect. You have placed the mounting bracket at the correct angle as this matches the angle of the drop link allowing the bushes to sit flat.

Cheers mate. Seemed logical but just thought I'd check. Otherwise as you say to get the drop link sitting vertically one side of the bushes would have to be really compressed!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is set pretty much like that. I wondered if the length of that makes a difference.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
By the looks of the thread on the link bars it's about 8mm?? (13mm spanner size) If that's the case I would imagine Fred is saying to shorten them to reduce the flex. At that length they will allow a lot of movement from the leverage and there's always a possibility they could snap, although that may be a bit extreme!

Just my take on it though, but I would be running the links as short as possible either way.

Last edited:
  Audi A5
Another Q, when tightening up the bolts that go through the shocks to thr rear beam would it be best to tighten then up when their on the ground rather than in the air on a ramp/axel stands?

205 GTI, Clio 182
I didn't. I've run mine like yours is pictures for the past 20k no problems. I image shortening it MAY increase the leverage force a tiny bit (as the distance from rotational center to the mounting point is a bit shorter), but nothing like as noticeable as going to the harder setting.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
depends on what you want it to do......

it reduces understeer / increases oversteer

I just want my car to handle well without having to break the bank on coilovers and trick suspension set-ups... I got Eibach sportlines fitted with all new OEM shocks bout 4/5 months ago an it handles well. I just want abit less body roll and it to feel abit firmer through the corners.

WRX
If it's just road use I wouldn't bother TBH. Track then yes, well worth it. Really makes you feel the back end more.