ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White Megane 250 RS Cup

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Saw this at my local dealer tonight......and i must admit its growing on me, and seeing the 19" wheels in the flesh i actually like them....the only thing missing is the full leather Recaro option.

25012010222.jpg

25012010224.jpg

25012010223.jpg

25012010225.jpg

Saw one today at my local dealer. Dont like it to be honest. Its close, or same as focus RS money. No competition really.

toon

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I got the salesman to spec one for me 250 with cup chassis & Recaros.....white...19"wheels....visibility pack(bi-xenons DRL's etc.) and a couple other things....£23995

Thing is, the 250Cup is already very well equipped, and can be had for £20k. That's a lot cheaper than either the FRS or S3, and just as capable as both. However, one needs to factor in residual values and clownshoe dealers.

172, Tiguan
If those wheels were all black then they'd be so much better. Prefered the red one that Rich has in his showroom, but i'm in agreement on the lights.

M140i
I went to Sewards a few days ago in Portsmouth and had a nose at the cup, didnt appeal to me tbh :S Seems to lack the character of the previous model

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL @ the Arnold Clark sticker in the rear window! Whoever designed them wants f**king.

I don't mind that though, much better in white. Still looks a bit ass to me though.

320d
I'd love one. Quicker that a Focus RS, cheaper and depreciate like crazy. With this in mind i'd love one in 3 years time. Autocar predict they'll be worth £7532 in 3 years/36K if thats true then they'll be about £8500 private. At that price i'd be rediculously tempted. Straight to RS Tuning for a few uprated bits and map. Probably say hello to over 300bhp and 300lbft. Realy will be bye bye RS Focus then.

I'd love one. Quicker that a Focus RS, cheaper and depreciate like crazy. With this in mind i'd love one in 3 years time. Autocar predict they'll be worth £7532 in 3 years/36K if thats true then they'll be about £8500 private. At that price i'd be rediculously tempted. Straight to RS Tuning for a few uprated bits and map. Probably say hello to over 300bhp and 300lbft. Realy will be bye bye RS Focus then.

The 270bhp press cars are marginally quicker through the gears, but still slower in-gear, so let's not get into that. I'd love a shot in one TBH. I've read that the driving position s***s all over the FRS.

320d
How come the press cars are more powerful then? To beat the FRS? Will the non press ones be 250bhp then?

How come the press cars are more powerful then? To beat the FRS? Will the non press ones be 250bhp then?

There will be a 270bhp version before long, that's all I'll say. Three years is my guess. Either way it doesn't matter. Fair enough on all counts IMO. They are both clearly great cars. I understand the love for Renaultsport and I'm not about to argue than one is better than the other.

Neither is defined by its paper power figures, and let's not start on about remaps. The FRS engine has more exotic internals, and can easily handle 340bhp for £500. In fact it can take 375 on standard innards. I wouldn't want that much though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The wheels are growing on me.

I feel dirty.

Been sat at the computer long? Your eyes must be going funny.

I honestly, hand on heart can see no reason to buy one over a FRS. I think the Meg looks like a b*****d love child of a Nissan Note and an Astra VXR.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ok, ok. If they were one colour They'd be better.

They would look less like something Shredder would throw.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Have they done timed laps at the Nurburgring....between the Megane250 & FRS?? would be interesting to see which one comes out on top.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
The Xenons lift the look of the front. Makes it look more 'technical'

I need to see the 19's in the flesh

The other thing to consider, is that the lacquer will peel off those machined faces, and you'll be left with corroding alloys and quite likely a tricky warranty claim on your hands.

I've never seen a lacquered alloy that's been through a few hard winters and hadn't peeled.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
The other thing to consider, is that the lacquer will peel off those machined faces, and you'll be left with corroding alloys and quite likely a tricky warranty claim on your hands.

I've never seen a lacquered alloy that's been through a few hard winters and hadn't peeled.

Aye.......and 35profile + potholes = FTL!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Been sat at the computer long? Your eyes must be going funny.

I honestly, hand on heart can see no reason to buy one over a FRS. I think the Meg looks like a b*****d love child of a Nissan Note and an Astra VXR.

Neither can I. the FRS is so much better looking IMO.

LOL @ the Arnold Clark sticker in the rear window! Whoever designed them wants f**king.

I don't mind that though, much better in white. Still looks a bit ass to me though.

i just noticed that maybe it would have made the view out the rear even worse

I went to Sewards a few days ago in Portsmouth and had a nose at the cup, didnt appeal to me tbh :S Seems to lack the character of the previous model

may have to have a look its grown on me but it still lacks character like the old one tbh

Last edited:
Aye.......and 35profile + potholes = FTL!

Well I'm rolling on 35. I actually had to stop in the middle of the road today, wait for oncoming traffic to pass, and then drive around the holes. This was with a cop car sitting behind me. FFS.

Awful wheels, it'll break because that's what Renaults do and it looks like an Astra VXR. But ugly.

Fail, IMO of course.