ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White iPhone 4S - fingerprint proof!?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This is so weird... I had a black iPhone 4 (got stolen) and now I have, as in the title, a white iPhone 4S.

With the black one I was constantly polishing it! It drove me mad, damn OCD. But with my white one, try as I might, I just can't get it messy! No fingerprints ever appear!? It's not just me, I've had mates try it too lol. Even if there is a small one, by the time I next go to use it, there's nothing there.

Is this something they've changed on the 4S by any chance? Or are white ones just better at not showing fingerprints? It's such a massive difference, honestly. If I had another phone to take a picture I'd show you right now, after a whole days usage, there's not even a tiny smudge anywhere on the phone :S BAFFLED

I've got a white 4S after moving from a black 4 and it does seem extremely good at dealing with fingerprints. Obviously over the white parts that's just down to the colour but even over the screen when you have it turned off its very rare I see fingerprints. It's really odd.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My black 4S barely ever shows fingerprints. My 3GS used to show loads strangely.

Seems like common sense to me. It's white so doesn't show up fingerprints so much. Surely the screen still gets dirty?

TBH I don't very often wipe mine down and it stays reasonably clean. Pauper-spec iPhone 4. I'm not paying £600 for Siri and a better camera that I'll still never use.

VaVa
Seems like common sense to me. It's white so doesn't show up fingerprints so much. Surely the screen still gets dirty?

TBH I don't very often wipe mine down and it stays reasonably clean. Pauper-spec iPhone 4. I'm not paying £600 for Siri and a better camera that I'll still never use.

+1. And I'm 25% keyboard 75% dirty hands.

The camera isn't all that great, despite being an improvement. As for Siri..... absolute gimmick. And not a very good one.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

This is the thing... the screen's still the same isn't it, but yet the 'black' part of the white phone, doesn't show a mark!? I'm not complaining anyhow, it's f**king great! Just weird.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My 4S is dirty round the edges. Although it's a phone, I don't particularly give a damn about fingerprints etc...