ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White 1*2 york dragway

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Pretty sure it was boosted, had twin rear zausts but no cut outs for them in the bumper, silver turini's and seemed to go well up the strip

who was it and what were your times

e91 330d/type r mini
i was there today but never that, only saw a couple of blue clios and i followed a silver 182 that thought the road to york raceway was a track.

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
just as i was leaving it was running i think looked quick
there was a 172 cup with black turinis running looked nice:)

White Evo V
Was you there today? He was there!

It's a lad from Wakefield, not a member on here. It's a turbo coverted 182 cup resprayed in White, it does have cut outs for the exhaust but the silencers sit low! Pikey conversion (lads done it himself), the quickest time it ran was a 14.1, it's running about 240bhp so pretty dissapointing time, I reckon it was down to driver though, and the tyres were cheap budgets which won't help.

e91 330d/type r mini
240 bhp 14.1 ??

Ive seen 172 cups run 13.9's with minor mods.
it was wet in the morning and started to dry up but tbh i have never seen such crap driving as i did today, an e60 m5 managed a 14.9 lol
his 1st run was a 15.1 haha amateur

White Evo V
Yeah and a 14.1 was his best he was usually in the mid 14's. I was quite dissapointed and so was he! Like I said though he didn't look like he could launch at all and the tyres were still spinning half way down the strip, I think this was a mix between the poor tyres and the driver!

The blue cup with black wheels and no front number plate was doing low 14's! What was in that? Anyone know? Could of possibly been cam'd?

The guy in the White Clio had his mapping done at RS tuning last week and it was running 10psi IIRC, then he took it home and turned it up to 15psi! Total stupidaty! Why bother having it mapped if you were gunna do that? To me seems daft?! Also speky was telling me it had stock internals with the pistons grinded down??? Pmsl!!!!!! Pikey written all over it! No wonder it does poor times!

Last edited:

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
was very wet as hughesclio said , dried out later, m5 touring made me laugh , turned up at the line smoking a fag , later on he found out how 2 turn the traction contol off ;) lol

Dodgy one
I popped down got scruitineered (sp) and left mine in the pits, saw the cup but thats the only sport i saw, didnt get there til half 12 tho lol, cup was running 888s iirc

Cup with the black wheels was cammed but not mapped, and had A048s, said he ran a 14.3 in the dry without the cams or tyres, and that was his best time today, so just goes to show how bad the surface was today.
I was there in joeh's car (blue cup, white Turinis), although it was parked out the way so probably wasn't seen, and we were there with the Black Megane Cup. Although a silver 172 followed us down the lanes back towards the motorway, don't know if they're on here.

White 172:
P4051055.jpg

Blue Cup:
P4051053.jpg

P4051064.jpg

P4050921.jpg

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It was me who followed the blue cup on white Turinis home. Will you ask your mate where he got his rear plate from please.

e91 330d/type r mini
was very wet as hughesclio said , dried out later, m5 touring made me laugh , turned up at the line smoking a fag , later on he found out how 2 turn the traction contol off ;) lol
the m5 was well funny i honestly thought it was going to be a spinner :D

Nippy white cup
14.1 as said must have been down to the weather/tyres/switch where his pedal should have been. I got a 14.1 with standard cams so more than possible with more strippage but where my terminal speed was 98mph I imagine the turbo would/should be 105+ imo

Chris

182 Trophy
It was me who followed the blue cup on white Turinis home. Will you ask your mate where he got his rear plate from please.

Aup mate that was me in the cup with white turinis, we commented on how well you're smaller plates looked as it happens lol. The plate was from an ebay shop called pressedplates or something like that, google pressed plates ebay and I'm sure it'll come up, cost me 30quid for the pair. As for everyones times I'd take them all with a pinch of salt, it never dried out properly atall and everyone there I knew ran dissapointing times due to this. My mates stage 2 meg 225 ran a 14.1 but his 60foot time was slower than when it was standard and ran a 14.5 which goes to show how slippy it was. Some nice renaultsports there today, I spoke to the guy with the blue cup on ao48s and he said he ran a 14.3 in the dry last year before he had decent tyres on, once again showing how slippy it was. M5 estate was hillarious basicly spinning all the way down in every gear :). Ill be running come some nice weather :).

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I sat and watched a blue 182 come out of the pits, think it had superleggeras on and an exhaust. I was in the burgandy laguna waiting for you to come up the road, nice motor :)

Dodgy one
I sat and watched a blue 182 come out of the pits, think it had superleggeras on and an exhaust. I was in the burgandy laguna waiting for you to come up the road, nice motor :)

Ta :D I wondered what you was doing lol, I was going to run it but watching how bad the cars were launching due to the surface i figured it'd be a waste of cash as i wouldnt be able to get a good time

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ta :D I wondered what you was doing lol, I was going to run it but watching how bad the cars were launching due to the surface i figured it'd be a waste of cash as i wouldnt be able to get a good time
ha yeah mate thought hmm lets see if this is a cup or 182, love the colour and looked awesome nice and clean :)

Surface looked a little crap, my mate ran a 13.0 in his scoobie beating that r34 gtr skyline :D