ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistling wing mirror! Driving me INSANE

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi lol, my drivers wing mirror constantly whistles in the wind, my god, its annoying :S

Anyone else had this? If I bend it slightly whilst driving its alright lol but that's hardly ideal. I was thinking of sealing the gaps with superglue or something!? Done that on my 206 cause that whistled after I had put my carbon fibre covers on... unless anyone's got any better ideas?

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
lol, i thought it was just my car lol, and now there are two of us....

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Same here, does my head in so much!
My mirror glass vibrates too, but can't get the cover off without damaging it to work out why!

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
Ithink they all whistle
i asked the same question a year ago lol
drives you insane dont it .......

Just turn the stereo up ..........Easy fix lol :)

182 Cup
Hi lol, my drivers wing mirror constantly whistles in the wind, my god, its annoying :S

Anyone else had this? If I bend it slightly whilst driving its alright lol but that's hardly ideal. I was thinking of sealing the gaps with superglue or something!? Done that on my 206 cause that whistled after I had put my carbon fibre covers on... unless anyone's got any better ideas?

Before you put anything on that you can't reverse, use electrical tape to make sure the area you seal or smooth is correct! I thought the whistling came from the hole left where the temp sensor would go? Don't get it with mine though so can't be sure.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Before you put anything on that you can't reverse, use electrical tape to make sure the area you seal or smooth is correct!

That's a good idea! I'll have my first attempt tomorrow :star:

Golf
Ave actually thought a could hear whisteling from me car when ave got me window down, could well be me mirror

its the wind passing over the hole on the bottom of the wing mirror.

Mine aslo whistles but it aint the hole, taped it up to no luck I found when driving if you put your finger over the big gap where the mirror folds it stopped but have just learnt to live with it!!

Rob.

200 Gordini
Noticed this when i first test drove my car lol i soon got used to it.
The salesman man said all clios are known to do it.
Reno could have at least stopped a feckin whistle

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Noticed this when i first test drove my car lol i soon got used to it.
The salesman man said all clios are known to do it.
Reno could have at least stopped a feckin whistle

Exactly the same here. Thought I'd get used to it or something... Wrong!

Have shoved loads of blu tack in the hole underneath but that didn't solve it.

Really annoying...

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mine does it every now and then it did on my 172 doesnt bother me really

BMW E92/Audi S3
I used to have insects that whistled at me when i walked past them. They said i be sexy n ting but mirrors are a diffwent thing

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Well taped a bit up today but has made it slightly worse lol. I'll try a new location tomorrow!

it only happens between 30-40mph on mine no less or no more lol if you fold your mirror in slightly it goes away and if you put slight pressure on the mirror downwards it goes away, it is the long thin gap where the mirror folds in that causes this annoying squeek!

Clio 182 FF RB
found out my mirror vibrated while i was on the motorway and couldnt see as well as i wanted to get in to the next lane lol, its on the passenger side though so I've basically forgotton about it coz it only happens when going fast and when going fast over here with no motorways the important mirror is the drivers side.....
I also noticed a whistle, wondered what it could be but have never tried solving the problem, just put my tunes up!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've put a piece of black tape on the outer horizontal gap, and it seems to have solved it! looks okay so I'll probably continue to replace that every time i wash it for the moment. Maybe chuck some lacquer in there at some point or something.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

It's the hole where the temperature sensor would go if the car was on the continent (it's under the passenger mirror over here) cheap french couldn't be bothered to cover it up....

133, 182, Kangoo 182

It's the hole where the temperature sensor would go if the car was on the continent (it's under the passenger mirror over here) cheap french couldn't be bothered to cover it up....

I've plugged my hole up with loads of blu tack and didn't stop it.

Going to try plug up the gap.. failing that I'll use black tape like kayzee.