ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whining when turning

306 GTI-6
I had this problem and it used to bug the hell out of me for ages. It was the girlfriend, whining because she didnt want to go that way because it was winding roads.

On a more serious note, sounds like possibly wheel bearing related. When mine went, it started by only making a noise when turning, becasue the bearing is under more load then, but developed into a drone in straight lines too.

E92 330
power steering pump? how is the old girl holding up?

shes good mate, my brother now owns her. She seems to get quicker with age.:approve:

There seems to be oil leaking from somewhere, does this still make u think it could be the steering pump?

E92 330
I had this problem and it used to bug the hell out of me for ages. It was the girlfriend, whining because she didnt want to go that way because it was winding roads.

On a more serious note, sounds like possibly wheel bearing related. When mine went, it started by only making a noise when turning, becasue the bearing is under more load then, but developed into a drone in straight lines too.

ye, we ve now found oil leaking from some where so makes me think it might no be the wheel bearing.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
No use to your problem but was just wondering if yours is the phquick with yozzasport sticker that i see parked in normoss a lot?

v6
If it whines on full lock when stationary then that would highlight it being the pas pump.

The leak could be pas fluid from either the pump or the pressure switch just under the fuel rail guard. If the pump's gone the fluid will be brown so will look like oil.

E92 330
If it whines on full lock when stationary then that would highlight it being the pas pump.

The leak could be pas fluid from either the pump or the pressure switch just under the fuel rail guard. If the pump's gone the fluid will be brown so will look like oil.

Yep it does whine wen stationary on full lock! Is this costly to sort? Easy to change my self?

v6
Prices at 14/09/09:

R8200234212 PAS Pump £220.20
R7700108973 Hub PAS £3.08
R8200226493 Alt. Belt £18.28

The aux belt has to come off so I replaced mine as it's quite cheap.

I'd recommend getting a garage to sort it. The pump is hidden right in the enginge bay, behind the alternator iirc. My mechanic did it in around 2 hours i think so labour won't be too bad.

v6
Also, if you need it, the sensor:

R7700413763 Sensor PAS £54.98

All those prices are net too!

Don't know if the pump is a generic part or if GSF do a part for less.

421 Cammed 172
What's the price on yours Fred?

I keep meaning to PM you as mines also doing the same.

Sorry if i'm hijacking