ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whining noise?

Hello was hoping someone can help. The other month the Clio started to make a whining noise. Not sure but it could be coming from the rear of the car.

Originally I thought it could be a wheel bearing. This evening a decided to see if it was. So jacked up each wheel and spun it round. Now the problem is the cars not been used for about 2 months so the brakes are rusty so I get the sound that I assume is the rust from the disc brushing against the pads. This happens on all four wheels. Didn't seem to have any side to side or up and down movement.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Lol. Sorry no dog. And the body in the boot stopped complaining months ago. Must get round to getting rid. Starting to smell :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
It could well be the bearing, they usually need wieght on them for them to whine

All sorted now.

Went to kwik fit and they confirmed it was the offside rear. Quoted over £300 to fix. New discs and pads. So went to my friendly dealer got the parts for £150. Repalced them saturday. All sorted now :)