ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which xbox 360 to buy?

172,scenic, trafic
ok have been having probs with my xbox, basically not reading discs. today i opened her up because the thought of no gears 3 nearly had me in tears.
anyway its working fine so far but if and when it dies can i swap my hard drive to a new slim? or do i not need to? i no i can transfer over my current profile etc but wondered if easier just to use my h/d. or can you only buy slims now?

Monaco 172 (5/468)
I had this problem, not reading disc. Open it up take the CD drive apart and grease the little runners on the drive. Worked for me, nothing to lose :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I made this transition. I changed my 60 gig Xbox pro console for a Xbox 250 gig slim. To swap the data from one hard drive to another you need to buy a cable from microsoft. IIRC mines data transfer cable cost around £12.

Now Sold :-(
You can use your original Xbox HDD. just take the plastic case off it and slot it into the new Xbox. If you want to you can buy a suitable case/carrier to put the HDD into off the bay for about £3 but it works just five without it. Just need to be a little careful when you first put it in to make sure you line the contacts up properly.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Why not just use the hard drive that comes with the new Xbox and use the transfer kit ?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thats the one I bought a few months back. Awesome bit of kit IMO. Alot quieter than the old white one I used to have.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Because I wanted the matt finish that you get with the 4GB console and its a fair bit cheaper than a 250GB ;)

When I bought mine there was hardly anything between them in price. I bought my 250 gig gloss black 360 for £160 from currys at the beginning of this year. At the time the 4gb matte finish Xbox was £140. It made sense to get the 250gb tbh.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I used a usb flash drive to transfer the data to my 250gb.

Trade your Xbox in for a new one while it's working properly if it's on it's last legs.