ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Wheel Sealent

Not got a car
Chemical Guys Wheel Guard

It’s simply science to understand that friction creates static! Wheel Guard uses CG-specific lubricating agents bonded with acrylic crystalline and fluorocarbon polymer fluids to deliver a product that glides on like butter reducing friction and delivering an Ionic Anti Static product that repel brake dust, dirt, and fallout better then any product

Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant

Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant provides a clear, shiny and protective coating that will block out the dirt and pollution. You apply it like you would any wax or sealant, buffing to produce a shine and then the dirt and dust sit on this coating unable to break through it. It also means that your wheels will be easier to clean next time.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
FK1000P or Poorboys.

Yes justin you have the poorboys one, i have that also and it's wicked stuff. :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm a poorboys fan - great stuff. Consensus seems to be there's not to choose between PB and CG WheelGuard though.

Ordered Poorboys today, So wheels will be off at the weekend and ill get a few layers on.

Make sure you have some old clay, clay the wheels polish and seal.

That will give you the best result if your takin the wheels off hehehe.

Megane R26
The Finish Kare 1000P Paste Sealant will outlast the Poorboys.

You should also look at Optimum Opti Seal, which is a wipe on product (no need to buff), which again will outlast the Poorboys.

Between the Poorboys and CG, the Poorboys is a bit nicer, and easier to remove.

The Finish Kare 1000P Paste Sealant will outlast the Poorboys.

You should also look at Optimum Opti Seal, which is a wipe on product (no need to buff), which again will outlast the Poorboys.

Between the Poorboys and CG, the Poorboys is a bit nicer, and easier to remove.

Can i get this opti seal from detailedobsession ?

I wanna give it a try as my mate wants me to clay his wheels and i was thinking of trying summat new. :D

Do you know Gareth? He will do 7.5% off if you ask nicely ;)

Yea i know gareth just never really looked for opti-seal before haha!

The guy is awsome and he does some immense products at a really good price aswell.

He has to be the only place where you can get most of the optimum product line! :D:D:D

Megane R26
There's Motorgeek too, and Elite will be stocking them soon, but I get all of mine from Gareth as he's a legend :)

Try the shampoo too if you haven't already

There's Motorgeek too, and Elite will be stocking them soon, but I get all of mine from Gareth as he's a legend :)

Try the shampoo too if you haven't already

I love the shampoo, i wanna get their detailer next.

I agree gareth is awsome and very helpful if advice is needed. :D

Megane R26
Elite have had their delivery today, and will be added to the site later.

They have the US Gallon of the QD in, which dilutes 1:1 with water... which makes it a bargain... ;)

Megane R26
Do some reading up on it on Autopia - the Yanks can't get enough of the stuff!

There are some great vids on YouTube too.

Not got a car
Poorboys was delivered today, as well as my trolly jack so off with the wheels this weekend and on with some layers, Says it needs 6 layers i think on the tub to reapel dust

No no no, Russ, it's awful stuff if it's the same thing that I bought years ago. It seems to have polishing abilities as well and we all know you can't do both!

Poorboys was delivered today, as well as my trolly jack so off with the wheels this weekend and on with some layers, Says it needs 6 layers i think on the tub to reapel dust

What tub did you get delivered cos on my tub it says for best affect use 3 layers.

I will be investing in FK1000P and opti seal in the next few weeks, gonna put the opti-seal on drivers side wheel and FK1000p on the passenger side.

I wonder which will perform the best! :D:D

Not got a car
I dont know where i got 6 from lol, yeah says 3. I done all my 4 wheels in 4 layers. used quite alot of sealent tho.

Hope it works and are easy to clean.

Not really fella, pretty wasteful (not being a dick, just informing you :)). Where are you based lad?

What you need, as with most sealents and waxes etc is a nice thin layer. Then topped up as many times as you see fit. By adding thick layers you will just be buffing off a whole load, thus reducing the lifetime of the pot :)

Just wondered if there was someone around that could give you a hand and a few pointers when it comes to detailing lad :)

Anything you aren't sure on, post in here and I will help, along with quite a few others.