ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which V6

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I don't see why you'd go for a Ph1 if you could stretch to a Ph2.. as nice as they are still the Ph2 is better all round (imo of course)

Iceberg 172
Ph 2. But I just wouldn't ever get one unless I had succeeded so well within Recruitment I was building a collection of cars to keep in a converted Barn!

It's not good at anything really is it? Apart from snapping peoples necks!

ph2...

you'd notice that this question probably wont turn out the same as asking if one prefers the 197 or 200.

if you can afford a ph2, then get a ph2, its the finished article and the extra touches are a nice bonus.

that said, they are both as special as each other. The PH1 just has a crappy interior, it is however the original, rarer in the uk (by about a 100 cars), lighter and the rawer of the two cars.

lift number 1 @ btm
i would have my friends ph1.

it has all the ph2 improvements, geometry, gearbox, etc. but comes with just over 300bhp:cool:.

it's not shy!

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
LY PH2 :eek:

Totally unbiased! The cynics will come along and say just voting for what we have, but when looking for a vee, i wanted a LY one- only option is mk2.

v6
ph2...

but they're still a fair bit more wedge than a ph1 which (hopefully) have reached the bottom of their depreciation curve...

ph1 interior certainly is an acquired taste!

Iceberg 172
I just don't get how when the ph2 came out no one liked the looks yet now everyone likes the ph2 and not the ph1!?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ph1 looks better. has to be silver. design classic tbh.

ph2 is s**t.

Think they both look good in there own way, but the interior in the ph1 is defo an aqcuired taste!
Guessing performance wise its the gearbox and inlet or something thats different along with the suspension?

lift number 1 @ btm
Think they both look good in there own way, but the interior in the ph1 is defo an aqcuired taste!
Guessing performance wise its the gearbox and inlet or something thats different along with the suspension?

the gearbox ratios are shorter and the rear track is wider. i think the wheelbase is slightly longer, but that could be something that was done to my friends car.
i'm not sure what difference there is in a ph2 engine for the extra power i'm afraid.

I prefer the looks of the Ph1, if I had the money it would be a Ph1 all the way for me. Blue if I could ever find one, Mars second but wouldn't exactly be disappointed with Silver either.

Are all these parts interchangable or just for the specific ph1/ph2?

they are all interchangeable. the only prob is finding them and getting someone who knows what to do to set it up for you.

mine has ph2 gearbox and ph2 inlet plenum etc, was expensive to do, but it will out accelerate a standard ph2 now ;)

lift number 1 @ btm
they are all interchangeable. the only prob is finding them and getting someone who knows what to do to set it up for you.

mine has ph2 gearbox and ph2 inlet plenum etc, was expensive to do, but it will out accelerate a standard ph2 now ;)

that, v3's and ap's and i'd be happy!!