ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which tyres?

mk 2 172
im after a pair of tyres but dont have a great deal of money to spend on the. i have worked out it will be cheaper to buy some of the net and pay a £10 per tyre fitting charge.

ive seen these just wondering which you guys would recomend?

2 NEW CAR TYRES 195/45/16 VR CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT at £134 delivered

195/45-16 VR TOYO PXT1-R at £120 delivered

195 45 VR 16 UNIROYAL RS2 at £110 delivered
195/45-16 YOKO S-DRIVE AS01 84W 1954516 2 x NEW TYRES at £89 delivered

i wouldnt mind going for the yoko's as there cheap but if there is much difference between them and the deerer ones than i would go for the better ones.

i have also heard that the toyo's are great but dont last very long?

many thanks
james

PH1 172
Have a look to see how much Eagle F1 GSD3s would cost you mate as they are a very good all round tyre especially for this time of year.

mk 2 172
Have a look to see how much Eagle F1 GSD3s would cost you mate as they are a very good all round tyre especially for this time of year.

did see these tyres come up alot on the search, shame there quite deer foor me to be honest, and its not realy super grip im after. just after a mid range tyre to be honest

thanks

Do you have a small monitor?

I like BIG Writing :)

:lolup: i copy and pasted the tyre brands so it wass all different font sizes so made all the same.

Just wondering why he couldn't see the search button...........

i did. found nofin.

i think im hunna go with the yopko's any suggestions?

Toyo's = ditchfinders avoid IMO. The only people who rate them seem to be lax power reading monkies. They're ok ish in the dry but utter w**k in the damp/wet.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Which Toyo's?

P Zero Nero's work well in all conditions and currently have them. The only pirelli tyre I have ever found decent in the wet.

Out of the 4 tyres I have had on this car I would but them in order:

1. GSD3
2. P Zero Nero
3. Toyo T1S
4. Toyo T1R

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Which Toyo's?

P Zero Nero's work well in all conditions and currently have them. The only pirelli tyre I have ever found decent in the wet.

Out of the 4 tyres I have had on this car I would but them in order:

1. GSD3
2. P Zero Nero
3. Toyo T1S
4. Toyo T1R

the T1s was just the old T1r.. avoid it, the shoulders feather like fook hence they moved onto the newer design.. sadly a few cars out there really work well on this old hat design so most makers keep the pattern on there range, but the fact they're phasing them out should tell you something. :)

P Zero Robert De-Neros are the daddy. a friend was having handling problems on her 206 gti 180 with a V pattern tyre like the T1s so i stuck Neros on there.........she nearly cum..........it was like driving a different car. :cool: its not like the other tyre were old, just sheeite..