ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Stainless Exhaust To Buy ???

Clio Sport 182
im lookin for a stainless system for my 182 which would be the best to get ? i don't want it too loud. but i'm not paying stupid money for the o/e system

advice welcome, many thanks

BMW M3
lol... yet another thread where everyone fires off what they think is the best exhaust and it leaves the thread starter no wiser lol

I vote for Janpeed.

Clio Sport 182
got around 350 to 400 for a new system been quoted 399 for the magnex. why not magnex ?? theres a lot saying janspeed. is the janspeed quite ish ?? what are the tail pipes like on the janspeed ?? iv'e noticed a lot of 172 owners say prospeed but a few 182 owners have said anything about them do they make them for a 182 ?

thanks for the reply's is anyone around the leeds area with a janspeed, magnex or any other systems on i could have a listen to ?? i just dont want to buy one and it sound like thunder !!!!!

cheers

clio dci
don't buy magnex i used to work for them!!!! not sure if it is still the case we used to "supply" mongoose with exhausts same material but cheaper retail price!

Clio Sport 182
the main thing putting me off a standard one is that i would have to drop the rear axle to fit it because they come in one section from the cat back..

Maz

LY 200

It rattled. Then it rattled some more. Then the replacement rattled.

Type clio trophy in on ebay, theres a full 182 exhaust from a trophy being broken for parts, uber cheap i think. Good if its just the cost putting you off a replacement.

Wrong :rasp:

Very poor fit even on the improved version imho im on my 7th system :rolleyes: but maybe im too fussy !!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
The main thing putting you off a standard one is the same as the rest of us.
They come at a price (£400+) are made out of mild steel (or kit-kat-wrappers) and are only guaranteed for 12 months. And you know it will drop off on month 13.:dapprove:

My 172 had a cat and centre pipe replaced under warranty and i managed to get to 45k before needing a new centre and back box.
I went the sensible route and bought stainless for £230. Lifetime guarantee.:)

Like the guys say, Janspeed = pretty quite for a 182.
Milltek? Nice.....Check out the website they have videos on.

BMW M3
got around 350 to 400 for a new system been quoted 399 for the magnex. why not magnex ?? theres a lot saying janspeed. is the janspeed quite ish ?? what are the tail pipes like on the janspeed ?? iv'e noticed a lot of 172 owners say prospeed but a few 182 owners have said anything about them do they make them for a 182 ?

thanks for the reply's is anyone around the leeds area with a janspeed, magnex or any other systems on i could have a listen to ?? i just dont want to buy one and it sound like thunder !!!!!

cheers

Ginna, there is a vid i took of my Janspeed, both normal driving and then fast which Karen posted a link to in post 10.

Hope that gives you an indication as to its sound.

Lionel Richie
the main thing putting me off a standard one is that i would have to drop the rear axle to fit it because they come in one section from the cat back..

and??? thats an easy job!!! i do it every day pretty much! it doesn't exaclty take long to remove 2 x 18mm bolts

Milltek'd 182
Milltek imo. but i have one....so thats the obvious choice! if you want to spend silly money and go for the 'best' get yozzasport, BTB or Orbisound. but for the money i think milltek is the best hence why i bought it. i also think it has the perfect sound not too loud or too quiet. if you want pics or vids just ask

BMW M3
lol..... she may as well write down all the exhausts on individual bits of paper and chose one out a hat.

I think every 182 system under the sun has alreasy been suggested.