ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which pressure washer?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So my karcher has packed in and I require a new PW.

My karcher has been very loyal to me and has survived about 5 years so I'm keen to get another one but I'm also attracted to the nilfisk.

i want one with a retractable reel and the best ones I can find seem to be the nilfisk E140 2-9 s xtra

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001DZNOHC/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Or for £20 more somewhere (can't find the link ATM) there's the karcher k4 Eco.

Example here
http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/prod...sionshopping&gclid=CPPAi8zkorcCFa7KtAod0TQAUA

this (@£220) comes with attachments that I won't use and is out of stock on the karcher website as you can see so can't get it at £140

im tempted to stick with the karcher as I have a Snowfoam lance attachment for it and my karcher has outlasted 4 of my old mans PW's (including a nilfisk) but its dearer and I believe has a plastic pump?

but I'm also tempted to try the nilfisk because it has an aluminium pump (last longer?) its a bit cheaper, and I could sell my SF lance attachment to a mate and buy a new one for the nilfisk.

​so a bit of help please?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't recommend what to buy, but what I can do is recommend you to NOT buy a halfords pressure washer. I bought one to clean the patio and the decking and I think a garden hose with my thumb over the end of it would have matched it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is what I bought for work and it's amazing. 90 degree water absolutely FCUKS the dirt off!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ha Daniel my dads PW's that have been poo have been a lidl special, a nilfisk and a hose lock one so I'm gonna stay away from the cheapo ones.

although I am slightly concerned that my dads nilfisk didn't last 2 minutes....

also I should note that my current karcher has only packed in due to the switch, so nothing wrong really with the pump itself

daniel, which nilfisk do you have to have heated water?

I got a lidl special for £40, its s**t. Utter s**t, in fact its literally s**t as i had it down a blocked drain and it came out with cling ons. Nice.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL! Ill stay away from lidl then.

my budget is quite merest for this IMO. So I'm open to other options.
would like one where everything is stored on the machine itself though. I'm sick of wrapping the high pressure hose around mine, the. The power cord, then putting the lance ends on there somewhere.

save me a hell of a lot being able to reel both hoses and power cord onto the machine and chuck it in the back of the car. I seem to be doi a lot of car cleaning lately

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Now were talking! Nice one Ron!

whats the difference between that and the one I linked? Not £100 worth surely?

edit: just seen its a 500w difference lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ron, how do you find the reel?

Just realised you have to unplug both ends and reel it up.

​better than what I have now but still not ideal lol

Maybe this?

Karcher K2 - If you get it at Homebase this bank holiday weekend there is some kind of discount, 15% or 20% not sure.

They had a Nilfisk on the website aswell, for £100 but lots of attachments. Can often find Nilfisk cheap on Amazon etc though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like I'm going for the karcher k4 Eco. That k5 looks too expensive with more stuff that I don't want!

why the feck can't they just sell the machine without all these extras?

its on offer in b&q for £200 comes with the home accessory pack that I don't want but I could use. And the hose is attached to the reel so its simple and neat. Plus it has places on the back of it to store my snow foam lance etc.

plus it has an alu pump which is water cooled so should last me. My previous karcher was air cooled so if it last as long as that ill be happy

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I got the nilfisk centinal from home base 99 quid with the accessories I won't use lol but got it on a bank holiday with a further 20%off :) not used it yet not allowed until I move in to my new house :(

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted by the nilfisk but put off by the fact the hose isn't attached to the reel and according to many, you're better off buying a new hose anyway so it bumps the cost up.

think I'm gonna buy the k4 Eco tomorrow. Might sell the attachments I don't want then to recoup some of the money

Cup, Lude & Z
I used this for the first time yesterday

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AYBSQ4C/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Bought it as used for £68 but in the description
The item may come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the bottom or back of the item. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy

Spoke to Amazon, it was still guaranteed for one year and when it arrived the box was taped up but in side everything was brand new. Worth looking at what they consider used.

Tried it on the girlfriends car first :p and it shifted quite a lot of muck, going to have ago on the Cup today.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
b*****d Ron! Lol
Lol went out to buy the k4 Eco. Selling like hoecakes apparently. Couldn't find one anywhere. Needed one that day.

bought the k5 with 10% off. I'm not unhappy lol it's bloody awesome!

Last edited:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There's a certain satisfaction that comes using a pressure washer.

When I first got mine I was searching for things to wash!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes there is lol. I've done 3 cars since!

the reel has come in handy though :) + the 9 meter high pressure hose. Means I just unreel walk around the car, reel back up without carrying a PW with me everywhere! :)

makes life infinitely easier for me, apart forum the fact that it JUST fits in the car lol