ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which one...?

Artic Blue Clio 182
I am looking to buy a RS Clio as soon as I can find one I like...

Originally I was looking to spend up to £6k on a 172, trying to keep costs down, but since looking at a few 182's, I am tempted, but would therfore have to borrow more money & stretch my budget to just below £8k to afford one.

Would you say spending the extra money is worthwhile or is there too little difference to justify spending money that I really shouldn't! (if that makes sense!?)

I'm guessing the answer would be 182, but what is the overall better car?

Obviously I will expect biased answers from the owners of each, but think of it from my perspective (money) lol

Cheers people!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Well from my point of view . I had a mk 2 172 which i loved . I waited until the mk3 clio came out and didn't like the look of it so i bought a new 182 . Its more or less the same car tbh . Slightly different alcantara finish on the seats than the 172 , no big deal , the obvious differences are the twin exhausts , the alloys , plus with the cup packs , its slightly lower and handles better imo . But that might be down to the Michelin PE2'S as well .

Go for what you can afford . Nothing wrong with the 172's .

Artic Blue Clio 182
Yeah I thought they were the main diffs on the 182, all I can tell from looking anyway. Heard it also handles slighlty better. As you say its best to go with what I can afford, good to hear opinions from people who have had both though..thanks!

Should have stated that in my main post I meant a Mk2 172 (keep forgetting there is two!!)

F/F Titanium 182
I don't think there is that much difference mate, mainly cosmetic. Buy a 172, no point getting into debt imho.

Though I would add, I love my 182!! ;)

Artic Blue Clio 182
Yeah, debt isnt good..but temptation usually gets the better of me.....

I.e - Have just found a Clio that I will prob be going to have a look at tomorrow, its a 182 in Mondial blue (I think) with the cup pack, it has done 27k and is a 2004 car, FRSH, 2 owners. Guy wants £7795 - is this a good price for the car and spec?

Cheers

F/F Titanium 182
That doesn't sound too bad, check out pistonheads.com under the classified section this should give you a good idea of the going rate!

Arctic blue i think it is mate! :)