ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Momo boss?

Clio 182
I need to get a new steering wheel boss as I've managed to buy an OMP one that doesn't have the little lumps/lugs on the back that go into the steering angle sensor on my 182. The problem is making sure I now get one that does have them is proofing harder than I expected.

Everyone just has generic pictures of Momo bosses on their sites and no one seems to have any in stock to check for me? Larkspeed have two Momo bosses for a Clio Mk2 with the part no's MK7217R (phase 1) and MK7218R (phase 2). Obviously I need the one for phase 2 but does anyone know if all phase 2 Momo bosses have the lugs are are there two Momo bosses for phase 2's?

Larkspeed were very helpful in trying to answer it for me but no one can find a definitive answer.... help!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
not the answer you're after, but I was talking to a Sabelt dealer who suggested drilling out the boss and fitting a pin into it to trigger the sensor.

Clio 182
bloody hell! This is a real problem with aftermarket wheels on 182s isnt it....

Surely someone has got an aftermarket boss with the lugs on? Or does everyone not bother with the steering angle sensor?

CLIO 182
I need to get a new steering wheel boss as I've managed to buy an OMP one that doesn't have the little lumps/lugs on the back that go into the steering angle sensor on my 182. The problem is making sure I now get one that does have them is proofing harder than I expected.

Everyone just has generic pictures of Momo bosses on their sites and no one seems to have any in stock to check for me? Larkspeed have two Momo bosses for a Clio Mk2 with the part no's MK7217R (phase 1) and MK7218R (phase 2). Obviously I need the one for phase 2 but does anyone know if all phase 2 Momo bosses have the lugs are are there two Momo bosses for phase 2's?

Larkspeed were very helpful in trying to answer it for me but no one can find a definitive answer.... help!
I had the exact same problem buddy, I bought a sabelt one which didnt come with the tabs needed and had a right farse trying to send it back.

Anyway as Nick correctly said I ended up after much research found an ORECA racing one. Apparently if the boss is specifiaclly for a 182 and not for a 172 ph1 for example most should come with the tabs but a lot of people advertise the bosses for 182's as they all fit across the model range apparently. If that makes sense.

Sabelt Boss:
E8C86C14-BA28-48E5-B719-011159946C1B_zpss6kw0epi.jpg

ORECA Boss
C84DD916-A58C-4D93-ACF5-6F7A35846396_zpsc0khik1j.jpg

Miles better quality too. But cost slightly more.

Clio 182
I had the exact same problem buddy, I bought a sabelt one which didnt come with the tabs needed and had a right farse trying to send it back.

Anyway as Nick correctly said I ended up after much research found an ORECA racing one. Apparently if the boss is specifiaclly for a 182 and not for a 172 ph1 for example most should come with the tabs but a lot of people advertise the bosses for 182's as they all fit across the model range apparently. If that makes sense.

Sabelt Boss:
E8C86C14-BA28-48E5-B719-011159946C1B_zpss6kw0epi.jpg

ORECA Boss
C84DD916-A58C-4D93-ACF5-6F7A35846396_zpsc0khik1j.jpg

Miles better quality too. But cost slightly more.

Nice one, thanks buddy, I'll check them out and get one ordered.

But yeah the OMP one I have was advertised specifically for a 182. I've had it fitted for over a year and have always thought it was showing up warning lights just because I'd mucked around with the SAS. Only when I looked into it I found out why.

Thanks again guys

LY FF182
Momo boss has the big enough hole to fit cruise control wires through and tabs for angle sensor

mk1 Octavia VRS
Sorry to bump an old thread...
I've got an OMP boss. It also has the little tabs on it to fit in the sensor.
Have you got the part number from it? Mine is OD/1960RE14A and it doesn't have the tabs.
Momo boss has the big enough hole to fit cruise control wires through and tabs for angle sensor
Which part number? From memory both 7217R and 7218R fit, but not sure which has the tabs.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Hmmm...

Demon Tweeks told me the 7218R will fit my car, but say it doesn't have the tabs for the steering angle sensor.

Opie Oils said that they phoned their supplier and that the 7218R does have the tabs, so I have ordered from them. I suspect DT probably didn't bother to check.

2003 Clio 172
Hmmm...

Demon Tweeks told me the 7218R will fit my car, but say it doesn't have the tabs for the steering angle sensor.

Opie Oils said that they phoned their supplier and that the 7218R does have the tabs, so I have ordered from them. I suspect DT probably didn't bother to check.

Bit of a strong thread bump I'm afraid, but did the 7218R have the tabs?

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Pricey98 if it’s any help, I ordered a Momo 7218R boss back in January from Rival motorsport and it does have the tabs on the back for 172/182s with steering angle sensors.

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Pricey98 have checked my emails again and I was talking b******s earlier, I bought my OMP wheel from rival, I bought my momo boss from venom motorsport so might be worth checking if they have any in stock.

Last edited: