ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which make of steering rack?

RS 172
I have some play in my o/s/f track rod end at the min. So i called the stealers to get a price for the part and they asked me if my steering rack was 'TRW' or 'SMI'. I was wondering if i can access where they might have put a sticker or stamp on the rack telling me the make or if there might be another way to find out!
Any helps appreciated!
Thanks, Mark.

Lots of Alfas
The dialogies asks that when searching for the part numbers but iirc it still brings up the same parts whichever they choose.

RS 172
Ok, so do i ask them to check again and see if one part number superceeds to another or take a guess at which it is as it will be the same part anyways??

there should be a sticker on the underside of the rack - not really accessible without jacking it up and rolling around underneath

Vw caddy tdi
Should be a sticker on rack get car on a ramp, take of the under shield have a look my ph1 is SMI.