ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which induction kit?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
You've probably done loads of these threads
but just wondered which you'd recomend?

its for a ph1 172

pics and rough prices if possible

thanks

Last edited:
  C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
igt moxogon for £££
BMC CDA for less £££
IGT pannel filter for about £46

cant recall the prices for the other two

Lots of thread on this mate, Not having a go.. Doing a search you will probably find more.

BMC CDA seems a good choice, But is a fair bit of money.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
as said The Moxogon is regarded on here to be the best enclosed induction kit (open ones are a waste of time unless you want the sound and don’t mind losing power)

The BMC is imo the best IK for the price

And many condider a aftermarket panel filter better than any I.K

RS RIP
Get some larger cafs up to the filterhouse you have, and stich a ITG in there.

I've changed my 172 phase 2 box to the phase 1 you have and it's the best setup sofar and i've tried some setups..

corsa ecoflex
as said The Moxogon is regarded on here to be the best enclosed induction kit (open ones are a waste of time unless you want the sound and don’t mind losing power)

The BMC is imo the best IK for the price

And many condider a aftermarket panel filter better than any I.K

i have to disagree with you on the open filter being a waste of time...i have a piper x open cone on mine and got 177.2 at a recent rr day with other clio guys..that was with a remap and scorpion exhaust...so in some cases they do work..how i dont know as i get alot of heat soak on mine,but my little 172 loves it

A Flamin' Red one
I'd suggest the Simota Aeroform - but then I am biased ;) Seriously though, I've not noticed any loss of power, just gained a huge grin from the noise it makes!

corsa ecoflex
I'd suggest the Simota Aeroform - but then I am biased ;) Seriously though, I've not noticed any loss of power, just gained a huge grin from the noise it makes!

i was told by a few members not to get one as the air feed sits behind the rad and you get serious heatsoak from it

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
http://www.hillpower.co.uk/

works....sounds good and look good too......

Bay2.gif

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
open ones are a waste of time unless you want the sound and don’t mind losing power

They only loose power if positioned badly. If done correctly they can increase the performance over off the shelf enclosed kits as you can see below (standard is 125hp)...

BMC CDA Lupo GTi
dyno-lupo-gti-bmc-cda70-130.jpg

Open Induction Kit Prototype Lupo GTi
dyno-lupo-gti-openfilter.jpg

We'll be making an induction for the Clio 1*2 later in the year when we get our next demo car

Last edited:
  albi 197
Since putting a bmc on my clio it seems to have lost the responsiveness i had previously, although that might be to do with my lack of cold air feeds. Wicked noise though.

Does having a caf straight into the filter make a difference?