ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Immobiliser

clio 20v

just an imobiliser will be cat 2 you have to have an alarm/imobiliser for it to be cat 1

my toad cat 1 was 300 quid fitted from GAP , they let u pay half the first month then half the second month and it only took em about 2 hrs to fit it and they come out to you

adi

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Thats strange, when looking at quotes for new cars the guy said a term of the insurance is that the car MUST be fitted with a CAT 1 immobiliser.

Must have meant alarm & immobiliser!

clio 20v

yeh that was a condition of my insurance i had to have a cat 1 alarm fitted

the standard reno immobiliser is cat 2 rated anyway as far as i kno

mechanical devices such as steering locks can be rated thatcham cat 3

imobilisers can be rated cat 2

alarm/imobilisers can be rated cat 1

i think trackers are rated thatcham cat Q

adi

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 20 March 2003

Oh, £300+ is for a full alarm system like the Clifford Concept 300 or Toad Ai606!

Daz.
i had a Toad A1606 supplied and fitted for £300, ive never had "any" issues what so ever. would seriously suggest looking into a Toad based security system..

TT 225

I had the Clifford Concept 600 fitted for £475, more for piece of mind! Its got Blackjax (good for me driving alone and at night quite often etc.), tilt sensors (incase the vehicle is jacked up or attemped to be towed), auto window winders and loads more.

But if youre looking for something cheaper - loads of my friends have the Toad and think its brilliant :)