ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which HDMI cable?

172 Cup
A £5 HDMI cable will be just as good as a £50 cable due to the nature of the product.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Elborate a bit more....I was always under the impression that higher price = higher quality....In essence don't skimp on the cables after spendin 2k on a tv!

the theory goes digital sends numbers 1's or 0's so it will work or not , the code gets through or it doesn't .

172 Cup
Elborate a bit more....I was always under the impression that higher price = higher quality....In essence don't skimp on the cables after spendin 2k on a tv!

If the cable is sending an analogue signal which can be subject to interference then a better quality shielded cable is obviously going to be better.

HDMI is digital. It sends a string of 1's and 0's. It's in the cable companies interest to tempt you with £80 offerings but in reality one costing a few quid will do the same job as the more expensive offerings.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
One of my mates works as a sky tv/telivision installer, and he highly recommends the monster products. Not cheap though!

VaVa
It's transmitting a digital signal. 1's and 0's.

Put simply, as long as the signal can get from the source to the the output, the quality is not affected. Would you buy a £50 USB cable?

K20 EG Hatch
As everyone says Ali it doesn't matter with a HDMI lead! The monster leads cost comet probably a fiver and they can sell them for whatever they want when they sell you a tv....

Nike Lunar Elite's
I remember seeing a post on AVForums saying that Comet had some 'contract' with Monster so I'm not suprised they tried to fob one off on you.

As already said, any old hdmi cable will do!

VaVa
If you read that test there's a lot of 'could do' and 'might do'. Not hard facts.

The bottome line is, if you need a 1m HDMi you could spend £5 or £50 and I bet you a pound to a piece of s**t you won't be able to tell the difference.

T

thecremeegg

I echo the previous comments, we use a £10 or so cable from Game and the picture quality is superb

campus sport 1.2 16v
qed do the best onrs i think can be a bit pricey depending on the length but worth every penny!

That review appears to imply that the expensive cables prevent 'dropped data' It would be interesting to run a data analyser test with the see just how much data would drop with a cheap cable. I can understand a more expensive cable being more reliable in the long run but really do fail to see how it could influence colour and clarity etc the way a cable with an analogue cable could.

Nonsense.
Not getting into this thing again :p

Buy the cheapest.. unless it's a major long run. If anyone says a 0.5m HDMI cable costing £100 is better than a £5 which has no artifacts etc, they're selling you the cable (or have bought one and trying to justify it)

172 mk2 Iceberg
i got a 3 pound one and its amazing..........
I think under 2 meters length it realy dont matter

1.6 focus zetec....
You got a wilko buy you??

I'd consider popping in there and having a look at the two they have in stock... excellent quality and great price... I get bored at work lol

M140i
I used to work for Comet, only reason I sold them was the 10% commission :p They were better quality but hard to justify £60-£80

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
out of interest, i have been using my xbox on the componant cable on a cheepo LCD TV. the other day i bought a AV cable for it for 1p and the difference is staggering.
is HDMI better than this??

Clio 200 Raider
out of interest, i have been using my xbox on the componant cable on a cheepo LCD TV. the other day i bought a AV cable for it for 1p and the difference is staggering.

HDMI is currently the best connection available so you will notice a slight improvement from component

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

HDMI is currently the best connection available so you will notice a slight improvement from component

i just said the AV one that fits a Pc monitor is a million miles better than componant!