ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which front brakes?

clio 182 FF arctic
Alright fellas,

Getting a fair bit of juddering from my front brakes and now a squeal has started to develop as well, so im looking to change them.

Ive read that renault replacements are more expsensive than upgraded items now, so is it worth me upgrading to save a bit of money?
Im quite specific about what i want: the feel and performance to be as good as if not improved on standard, NO squealing and no escessive amounts of brake dust; as i currently have this with ferodo ds2500's and its really irritating. Finally i would like good longevity, im not going to be doing any track days or anything so just want something that will last a while with occasional fast road driving.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
Jordan

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
G 172 is the man for brakes.

If you are not doing trackdays then nothing wrong with the Brembo stuff.

Even if you do decide to do trackdays G will sort you out.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
G 172 is the man for brakes.

If you are not doing trackdays then nothing wrong with the Brembo stuff.

Even if you do decide to do trackdays G will sort you out.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
2500 dont squeal if you correctly file down the backing plate when you install them, and this also means they last longer and dust less as they dont jam slightly on.

I view them as a good pad for road use and even occasional trackday use if you arent too much of a hero late braker.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Cheers Scott!

OP I can help out with brakes if you're not sorted yet mate

As Chip says a bit of filing of the DS2500 back plate when fitting helps with dust/squealing