ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHICH EXHAUST TO GO FOR?

Clio 182
Looking at upgrading my exhaust, would like peoples oppinions on some systems, noise when driving steady, noise when giving it some beans, build quality etc.

Been looking at the RS192 system, also the Janspeed catback system. I'll be going for cat back as dont want too much noise, but some whilst I thrash whatever pulls up at the side of me ;)

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Has to be a yozza or as i think they are now known JP on ktec, I have one, people say they are really noisy but I suppose I am used to it now just seems normal, built quality is second to none, and gives a nice raspy sound like a small hot hatch should have. Also I don't find it drones on motorways, stay at a steady speed and the noise disappears.

clio 182 cup
i have just purchased the supersport cat back system from ktec, and must admit i love it... if u stay at a constant speed u can hardly hear it.
also got it fitted by abp motorsport, very impressed with the fitting of the exhaust its solid and build quality i think is amazing.

Clio 182 inferno
i have just purchased the supersport cat back system from ktec, and must admit i love it... if u stay at a constant speed u can hardly hear it.
also got it fitted by abp motorsport, very impressed with the fitting of the exhaust its solid and build quality i think is amazing.

This ^
This exhaust will suit your requirements perfectly

172 Cup
Go on youtube or search here and listen to different exhausts and make your own opinion.

Then just decide which you want to go for, I have a milltek + decat and I love it.

Me RS192 Cat Back:

Noise when driving steady - At 30 a low grumble, noticably more than standard but no heads turn to look as you go past. At 70 constant throttle on flat motorway fairly quiet, uphill or under more load it drones in the cabin. On the overrun from 90 down to 60 is pretty horrendous resonance in the cabin.

Noise when giving it some beans - Really nice, grumbles a lot, not raspy like the the yozza etc... Enough to know it's there but not so much that I feel like a knob giving it the beans down an empty B-Road.

Build quality etc - Cat joint is a pig to get right when fitting but once it is sorted it's pretty decent. Mine has been re-welded on the middle joint where a middle exhaust hanger broke but no real fault of the exhaust I guess. Tail pipes expand and shrink a lot when cold/hot. Mine looks spot on when cold, but drops ever so slightly when hot. OCD.com lol! Tailpipes look really nice, slash cut works perfectly with bumper.

I'd second everything Wick said aout the RS192. Good review. Its supposed to be a quieter system but is a wee bit boomy rather than raspy and that may divide opinion as to whether or not it sounds good. It's certainly not loud but it doesn't sound particularly good either! :dapprove: The fitting for me (DIY) was not as bad as some have made out but if you keep your cat the join angle is not as it should be IMO. The tailpipes lined up perfect for me....once I'd cable-tied both rear hangers!

The fitting for me (DIY) was not as bad as some have made out

Very true. First time the worst bit was getting the old exhaust off, in the dark lol.

if you keep your cat the join angle is not as it should be IMO. The tailpipes lined up perfect for me....once I'd cable-tied both rear hangers!

I had this with mine (assuming your centre/cat join was hanging low). Actually refitted it with rear wheels on ramps and then used the trolley jack to align the joint and has been fine since.

Just to add to the scorpion. If you want a quiet system, I'd be inclined to have a listen to the janspeed and silenced btb if money can stretch...