ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which exhaust for a turbo 182

RB Clio 182
Hi, since having the turbo conversion done on my 182, the exhaust tone has been muffled by the turbo, its not half as meaty as it used to be. I know this is normal, but i am wanting a louder tone when giving it some. It does sound nice with chatter and nice bangs etc, but i just want a meatier sound from the rear.

I currently have a milltek catback, whats the loudest exhaust out there for the 182, taking in to consideration that it will be a lot quieter on the turbo? What exhausts are people running that have a turbo'd 1*2?

I used to love the sound before the conversion, so i need something thats louder than a milltek which will sound nice and meaty, but not chav, i just want a bit of noise.

Tom.

RB Clio 182
No clue I'm afraid! Also unsure if they're suitable with Turbo setups, best bet would be asking ClioTurbo or Chip probably

Yes probably, its not a bad sound, but id say its more silent now than a 1*2 with a standard system on.

Thanks mate.

RB Clio 182
I'm in the same boat to be honest.

I have a de-catted scorpion system - but I think I am going to have to remove the centre silencer as well!

Really quietens the system down doesnt it mate? If anyone wants a silencer, stick a turbo on it.

big boost cup
image.jpg

Do what I have that should give you some more noise

M2 Comp
What about a custom one? I recently had one done by Charlie @ Pro Speed and it's a quality bit of kit! He will make it exactly to your spec, both in terms of how it looks and sounds. I honestly can't recommend his work enough.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You want something with a round backbox and no centre silencer. So something like a yozza or oreca system.

Although on a turbo I would go custom and 2.75-3" pipework.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'd have a look at some videos of exhausts on the Megane might give you a better idea of exhausts that sound good with a turbo.