ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which eibach spring?

My Legs
which spring should i go for?
i would like the ride to be close to standard, my cars been lowered 40mm on apex and i hate the ride.

sportline(30mm drop) or the pro's(20mm drop)?

anyone got any idea?

thanks

I had prolines on my 172 and I don't think it really dropped it that much. It levelled the car out a bit, by bringing the rear down. But it looked very much standard.

You could certainly tell the difference in ride quality though.

My Legs
cool, the apex springs were on the car before i bought it and there crap, cant sell the car with them on. :S

No I did it myself. After taking the wheels off, there's only 8 bolts to undo lol. Took me and a mate about 2 hours to do the lot.

My Legs
did you have spring compressors? i was told that i needed them to change the springs? straight swap i take it?

I had some, but didn't need them, there's no need for the 1*2's as they're not under compression once off the car really.

The rear springs took about 3-4 mins per side. Literally, jack rear up, undo a bolt, pull spring out, put new spring in, do bolt back up.

The fronts took about 20 mins each side. The hardest part was getting the nut on the top of the shock undone. Needed an electric power thingy so it span in quickly, otherwise the shock can just spin and it won't undo.

No special tools, it's just that the nut on the top of the shock needs a sharp first turn to get it to undo, otherwise you will end up spinning the shock (and thread) and it won't undo. So I had an impact thingy that did it really quick to "snap" it and then undid the rest by hand. If you use a normal deep socket, and give it a sharp turn it may be ok, but mine wouldn't.

If you can find a garage to do it locally, then you can do the nut up finger tight and then drive it home carefully, as when the car is on the ground the shock is being pushed up.