ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which coilovers for road usage???

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Looking to buy a set of coilovers for my 182 Cup in the next few months so thought I'll start with the research now. Car will be mainly used for road usage with maybe the odd trackday.

Many seem to recommend an H & R set up is the best to go for? There are others, are they better?

Overall will I see a big increase over the standard Cup suspension???

Comments appreciated.

Thanks.:)

I bought gaz coilovers.. big mistake! bumpy, undriveable and twichy, cup suspension down a country road would easily beat it. Looks like most people rate H+R's.. duno wether to go back to cup dampers and sportlines. If ya gonna get coilovers, save a bit longer and get H+R....Otherwis you'l probably end up buying twice.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
^ I did hear that GAZ dampers have caused a few problems for people that have used them.

Just wondering what other's thoughts are that have ditched their original 182 Cup suspension in favour of H & R coilovers? Just how good is it and what differences are made?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
^ Surely the coilovers will improve matters? Or unecessary on the 182 Cup, just the addition of the Eibach springs?