ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Carnuba Wax

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Hi all

Have done the clay, SRP, EGP routine and wondered which Carnuba Wax I should use to add the finishing touch to my 172 Cup. Are the carnubas different for different colours or doesn't it matter?

Attachments

• Clio autoglym 012 forum.jpg
    Clio autoglym 012 forum.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 53
  106 GTi
You will get slight differences with all Carnubas.

I love P21s on Blue for the 20 quid budget.

If you have a little more to spend Swissvax Onyx @ £39.

If you just want additional protection over the EGP go for some Meguiars 16.

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Cheers Rich, I was looking at the Swissvax Onyx on their site the other day. Is there anything on here re how to use a random orbital sander to polish the swirls out of the paintwork. I bought a Dewalt machine and some w9006 and w8006 pads from meguires along with some 80 and 82 meguires polishes.

titanic killer
hi im new to this site qnd to detailing really but had my silver172 a bit now and always wanted to clean it but could do with a few pointers.i want to first get rid of all tiny blemishes first and to polish and wax it up.hope ive replyed right as its all new to me many thanks adam(turner172)

106 GTi
Welcome to CS Adam.

First up the process is easily divided up into stages.

On Silver I would:

Wash - self explanitary really!

Clay - Removes stuck on grime washing alone wont.

Polish/Swirl Remove - Removes any mild paint defects and creates a good gloss to the paintwork - scratches etc. Best done in two stages. If working by hand, attack any visable defects with something like Meguiars Scratch X, and then polish the car all over with a milder gloss enhancing finishing polish such as Autoglym Super Resin.

Sealant Protects the paintwork and seals in the shine. Sealants are man made blends of waxes etc designed to do the above. Formulated to last longer than natural waxes, selants do however lack the looks of a real wax. A couple to three layers of Autoglym Extra Gloss should give 2-3 months protection and look great.

Wax - an additional step, in the cases of most waxes will just add a deeper warmer look to the sealant - I like Optimum Car Wax or P21s Carnuba Wax on Silver. Over a decent sealant wont add any more protection really.

Extras - Then the little bits that make all the differnce to a really cared for car, cleaned glass, dressed and cleaned trim and tyres, wheel paintwork also polished and sealed etc.

M135i
ive found that although the durability of #16 is great, it makes mondial look a little purple imo. i notcied this a few days ago after i applied 50/50 to my cup.

titanic killer
thanks rich for reply and help,been looking on forum and you certainly no your stuff i guess your cars attracts alot of attention i could shave in that mirror finish,looks sweet mate.Got some megs gold class shamp and cond and the liquid wax but ill be gettin a few more products soon i can feel a cleaning disorder comin on

106 GTi
lol - cheers!

ive found that although the durability of #16 is great, it makes mondial look a little purple imo. i notcied this a few days ago after i applied 50/50 to my cup.

I am not a fan of the looks of #16 either, but does last well.

titanic killer
what is the best for tha black trim not that there is much just mirror surround,insert in back bumper and the rubbers round the windows