ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which camshafts with ITB's on stock engine

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hi,

I've had a good search through the forum but cant find much conclusive evidence to my answer. I currently have Jenvey ITB's on my car, 48mm tapers with 120mm trumpets. I am looking for some camshafts to up the torque/HP a bit, I am looking for something that will still give relatively good power low down and mid range while giving me some more poke at peak as well.

I am looking at either Cat Cams 428, 421 & 438. From what I have read people seem to complain that 421's on the stock inlet makes the motor completely flat bellow 5k, is this still the case on ITB's? If I can get 210 out of it with a good spread of torque ill be happy, id rather sacrifice a few HP up top for more power down low.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mike.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I think you'll find your choices are restricted to the 421's mate personally. If your prepared to faff with the timing and spend a bit of time on the dyno, I'd imagine you'll be able to up the torque and drop the hp. Just takes time and money.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Thanks guys, any idea of what the torque curve is like with them on ITB?

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Just read your post, if it helps, I've converted myn to k-tec jenvey bodies on 421 cams using gen 90 ecu, try and get longest trumpet possible. I managed 120mm using special brackets direct from jenvey and Efi parts managed 208bhp and 173ft lb of torque out of mine. Bloody great!