ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which brakes for 182?

Clio 182 & C5 VTX+
I'm looking at changing the front discs and pads on my 182 prior to my next track day. Does anyone have any recommendations/experience about what to go for? I'm also going to fit an induction kit, again any recommendations.

Been covered looooooads of times! lol

Pads come down to a select few, in *rough* order from most-standard to most suitable for race applications:

Standard

EBC Greenstuff
Pagid Fast Road

Ferodo DS2500
Ferodo DS3000
Pagid Blue
Performance Friction 97

Disks I'm not so sure on. Some will say stay on standard ones, other's say upgrade to Brembo discs I think?

How hard do you drive normally? Will you be doing a lot of trackdays? Do you mind lots of brakedust?

Clio 182 & C5 VTX+
The wife drives it normally so doesn't really need the brakes. I drive some evenings and weekend as fast as possible. I've done a few track days and get a lot of brake fade when they are hot. Looking to do possibly 4 or more track days a year.

Would your wife understand the need to go easy 'til the brakes have warmed up? The race pads may take some time to really bite! (though my Blues are excellent even from stone cold :cool:)

Would have thought that the PF97s might be a bit extreme, as perhaps the DS3000's might be - you could try DS2500s (pretty cheap for a decent pad iirc) or Pagid Fast Road (again, cheap from GSF I think), or go for the Pagid Blues if you're feeling a bit more flush. (they're about £100)

If you're feeling seriously minted, go for a Wilwood 4-pot set up!

Are you going to FCS? If so you may be able to try some different ones out maybe? :)

Yoz has a selection you might like to look at? http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/products.php?cat=10
The Pagid Blues on there that he recommended for me are marketed as a track pad but I've found them to be better than standard from cold and they never fade, giving me great confidence :cool: Plus I think they're standard on the Lambo Murcielago :p lol