ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which brakes and pads to get?

Arctic 182
Hey guys

My car has just been in for a service and been told I need new discs and pads,so was just wondering wher to get some decent ones tgat ain't to pricey

Thanks

Arctic 182
Just everyday use really but may do the odd track day aswell so something bit better the standard ones lol

Listerine & Poledo
if you just use it as a car and not a track toy I can vouch for the general decentness of the Bosch stuff you get out of Kwik Kit.

It works just as well as standard, is cheap and you'll get replacement pads forever.

This wont sit well with the 150+ people who about to tell you about Ferodo pads & Brembo Discs, but a good number of them will have noticed nothing different, and the track warriors will have had to upgrade past them too.

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
I complety agree!! If you only go to work and back i really wouldnt worry about track pads and bang some renault items in. If and when you decide to do a track day then maybe think about upgrading then but for now id save your dollars.

Arctic 182
Yea iam only bk from wrk on wknd and not sure when next on the track.how much would the pads and discs cost?

Stripped yozza'd cup
I got pads and discs all round and an MOT for £350

Far too much! You can get Brembo's and Ferrodo's for that money!

But as others have said.... if you're not tracking it, buy standard. If it's going on track, then it's worth buying quality fluid and and some decent disks and pads. G172 on here gets very good prices on Brembo stuff. I just bought Brembo rear disks and pads from him for £99 delivered. Buy these for the rears and Ferrodo DS2500 pads for the fronts.

Listerine & Poledo
What, Fitted?

When I rang around I got nowhere near that, so where are you talking about?

Suzuki Jimny
I got standard mintex pads with Brembo HC discs and fresh fluid and they took 10+ laps of donnington to start to fade :)

Listerine & Poledo
ask about.

unless you're handy with spanners, in which case ask a few of the traders on here.