ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which brake pipe bender

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi,

I'm looking for a pipe bender for making up replacement cunifer brake pipes on my Clio.

What do you guys recommend? Would the plier type be ok?

Cheers,
Neil

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I use this myself. Gives pretty neat bends
wp_ss_20171004_0007.png

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yes that should be spot on. There's a huge huge tip on how to use it too that i've got but it's very incredibly hard to write out.
I can do a video for you if you like unless i'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs.

Cayman S, RB 182
Yes that should be spot on. There's a huge huge tip on how to use it too that i've got but it's very incredibly hard to write out.
I can do a video for you if you like unless i'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs.

I've bought one of these now, what's the tip? :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Would be good.

I f**king hate doing brake lines, but really need to re-line one car.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Did mine by hand and with the tool listed first. Make sure you get it right first time as it work hardens pretty quick and any more than 1 or 2 corrections and you will get stress cracks and kinks.
FrontBrakeLines1.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
When I used to make brake pipes on the classic Aston Martins the key is getting the length of pipe straight before you even start to make any bends.

I used to roll the cut length of pipe on a bit of flat wood while tapping it with a rubber mallet, once flat you then could make the bends and flare the ends.