ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheres the fuel pump relay?

where abouts is the fuel pump relay on my x reg 172? pretty sure its faulty, hope it is anyway or its the pump.
matt

clio 172
It is under the car near drivers side rear wheel. It will look like a small ish silver cylinder with two pipes either side.
on the 172 ph2 if thats the thing ur lookin for.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
It is under the car near drivers side rear wheel. It will look like a small ish silver cylinder with two pipes either side.
on the 172 ph2 if thats the thing ur lookin for.

thats the fuel filter

the relay is in the fuse box in the engine bay behind the passenger headlight

there will be a few relays together, one of them will be a big yellow one and 3 smaller black ones, use this pic to work out which one is the fuel pump relay

scan0002.jpg

clio 172
thats the fuel filter

the relay is in the fuse box in the engine bay behind the passenger headlight

there will be a few relays together, one of them will be a big yellow one and 3 smaller black ones, use this pic to work out which one is the fuel pump relay

scan0002.jpg
oh well gud guess a?

F4R mk2 ph2
I´d like to know too, been having problems in cold starts too.
Rs tunner always displays fail Fuel Pump relay, so have to sort that out.

PH1 172
If you boys are wanting to replace your fuel relay along with the 2 other identical black relays, don't buy them from Renault.

Evilgiraffe on here replaced the relays with these

3x RS Stock code: 535-2542 @ £2.80 each +vat
15A SPCO 12v relay

linky

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/

and all worked fine, so save yourself some pennies :)

Clio 182 FF
Have an issue with fuel pump, If I leave the car for at least 12hrs I have to turn the ignition on turn it off and then the fuel pump will prime.

I'm guessing this is an issue with a fuel pump relay, Does anyone know what relay it is under the bonnet?

MINI Cooper S JCW
Have an issue with fuel pump, If I leave the car for at least 12hrs I have to turn the ignition on turn it off and then the fuel pump will prime.

I'm guessing this is an issue with a fuel pump relay, Does anyone know what relay it is under the bonnet?

I have exactly the same problem! I thought it was the fuel pump also, but, I hadnt used the car for about 5 days until yesterday and it didn't want to start, turned over for ages before it finally started and was fine from then onwards. Am now thinking its the fuel draining back to the tank, rather thank the pump? Not sure if they have a non return valve that may have failed and not holding the fuel in the line at the engine. Sure others will have had same fault and sussed it out